Your first car and what you're driving now

hey, beats walking :)

I gotta get new rear tires at least for it though

seen & had worse myself :)

First Car was a 2002 Saab 9.5 Aero (withaturboengine<<)
Currently driving an Scion FRS!
It isn't visible in this photo, but I have Triforce decals on both sides, and the rear. (Coincidentally I was at microcenter that day, lol)

Privileged sack-of-shit here. My first and only car is a 2005 BMW 325i.

First car was a S2000.

Don't have a car currently.

Started with a 2006 1.2L Honda Jazz in 2013, I bought it for Ā£1800 and sold for Ā£1500 after having it for a year and spending literally no money on it which was nice.

After that I bought a 2004 Suzuki Ignis sport 1.5L for Ā£1400 and have only spent about Ā£200 on it, nothing mechanical just tyres and brakes. Probably not a car for everyone but for a 20 year old student I couldn't ask for anything more. Pretty sure it weighs like 900kg so it's pretty damn quick for the engine size, and it loves to rev which is always nice.

First Car : Mercedes 400e (was my dads, then mine)

Current Car:

Still rolling in my unconfirmed year ('04 or 05') Pontiac Grand Am GT coupe, I've had it for 7 years now and I've had a love/hate relationship the whole time lol. It has this DUMBASS issue with the security system where randomly the car wont start and I have to wait 10 minutes with the key in ACC for it to clear and then the car will start. Really fun when that happens at a crowded gas station during rush hour....

First Car: 1997 Hyundai Accent

Current Cars:
1995 Chevrolet K1500
This isn't mine, but imagine this with all of the fenders rusted out.

1989 Toyota Pickup (Hilux)
Still under construction - I'm working on recreating my iteration of the VW Taro because we never got that here in the States and rare things are cool. I understand it wasn't popular in Europe either, so parts sourcing parts will be interesting.

My first car that I could drive on the street was one of these (not my car in picture it's long since been crushed)

Today I drive a 1992 GMC 1500 4x4 pick-up truck....

First Car PT Cruiser 2003, got it from my parents in 2007 in High School, was transferred to my name in 2012.

In 2015 I traded it away to help with a down payment on a 2015 Hyundai Elantra which is what I am driving currently.

Pic snipping tooled from my FB

First car was a 1979 Ke35 corolla coupe.

What I just picked up this evening (Australia)

Holden VE SS-V Ute
Gen4 L98
Manual 6 speed
Exhaust, intake

Otherwise pretty stock

Prior to that, still have an E39 535 manual 3.5L v8, before that a Nissan 180SX with 310 horsepower at the tyres (Manual, SR20DET, big-ish turbo, various mods).

3 Likes

The vin number can tell you what year it isā€¦ the vin can pretty well tell you most things about a (stock) vehicle.

Still driving a first Gen Subaru Outback on over sized tires. Still goes where a lot of peoples trucks donā€™t go, it also seems to be able to get back from there.

1 Like

1969 Beetle with Astroturf carpeting and a 3 speed semi-automatic.
Worst. Transmission. Ever.

It had a electric switch on the shift lever. Touch the knob and the clutch goes in via vacuum. Sometimes 2nd gear didnā€™t work, sometime 3rd gear didnā€™t wonk. Eventually the fan stopped working and I fried the motor.

Today: 2003 Subaru WRX. All 5 gears work.

3 Likes

First ever car was my Chevy C10, and my actual car, well, still the C10! Its going through a major restoration project right now and should receive a new power plant as soon as its ready (compound-charged 4BT Cummins, probably).
[edit: No Cummins for me, its has been ruled out of diesel engine conversions, so its probably going to get a Toyota 2JZ)

4 Likes

First Car was a Audi 80 B3 2.0E Kamei Edition

Second Car

BMW 320CI M2

Current Car
Audi A6 C7 3.0TDI Quattro

1 Like

First car was an '01 Pontiac Grand Am 4dr SE. That thing somehow lasted me through college and university (with a lot of work mind you).

No pictures of my own since I never took any, but to say it was in rough shape when it finally died on me (fuel pump went, replaced it and I think it was a brake and the fuel line that both went as soon as the fuel pump was fixed and another part was on the verge of dying as well) is an understatement.

Spent 2 years driving around extra cars that my grandma had, 05 neon and an 05 taurus until I could be making enough to afford a car.

Almost perfectly timed, a coolant line started leaking in the taurus (had to give the neon to my brother since his mustang is in dire straits, needs a clutch and tires among other things). My dad and I got that fixed up, then it started leaking in another spot. We got that patched up but it still required me to fill up the reservoir every time I wanted to go somewhere.

I managed to use it as a trade in for the car Iā€™m currently driving:

'15 mini cooper 2dr hardtop. Not exactly what I was looking for (they had a fully loaded variant in a better shade of blue, but had sold it by the time I got there) but itā€™s a fun little car nonetheless and Iā€™m very happy with it.

First Car: 99 Buick Park Avenue.

Next Car: 84 BMW 325i

After That: 2012 Mazda 6

After that: 94 Mazda Miata (still have)

Current Car: 2013 Mercedes Benz E350 Coupe

2 Likes