Your first car and what you're driving now

First car was a 1987 Honda Civic 67hp

I currently drive a modified 2013 Hyundai Sonata Turbo 300 hp

But my all time favorite car was a modified 1991 Saab 900 Turbo 280hp

Thanks NYC Street Racing for keeping me out of trouble (well sort of)

Sorry Logan I am that guy with the annoyingly loud car I promise not to drive by your house while your making videos lol :)

Always wanted a sprint never found one for sale that wasn't fully gutted and race prepped they make great rally cars for fwd class.

starlet + rotory engine = :)

1 Like

FAVORITE CAR EVER! Id get one but on the east coast im worried about rust.

This version of the Eclipse is exaly realy good looking.
Are you going to paint the hood in the color of the car someday?

I was thinking about completely repainting it black and green

i would paint it Candy apple Red.

Now that's a REAL car! Always thought the Cutlass/442s were cooler looking than Chevelles and other equivalents. My dad still has his 67 Cutlass that was his first car. Kinda sad shape right now but it's still save-able when funds allow it. I hope you kept the Olds engine in yours. I live in an Olds family, we even had a dog named after the founder for a while. Really cool cars.

Thanks! Hopefully you will be able to get some extra funds soon, eh? I am not quite sure, but I think I still have the Olds 350 engine in it. It is painted like one anyhow. And I agree, they are quite cool. I am very glad that I managed to get one. The way the reply system on this forum works is slightly confusing.

1. Pontiac grad prix
  2. Dodge stratus
  3. Pontiac grand am
  4. Chevy camaro
  5. Public transportation

First Car was a 1979 Range Rover with a 3.5L V8 which got terrible fuel economy & spent more time being repaired than driven.

Current is a 2002 F-250 7.3L V8 Diesel 4x4, which is reliable, but the parts should it break down are often more expensive than what I have seen/heard of with Mecedies/BMW Parts, on the flip side it rarely breaks down and it gets 18MPG on average.

Photo:

This is kinda why I prefer the Cummins. Common failure parts like injectors are $60 a piece instead of $200+

I managed to go from a 99 Chevy Caviler as my first ride in high school to driving a 98 Ford Taurus (with a side view mirror being held up by a bracket and screws) in my 30s.

Don't get me wrong, I had a 2003 Saturn, 2007 Jetta, 2009 Charger, and a 2011 Fusion in between these, but my priorities are different. We are able to have my wife stay home with my son because of this sacrifice (as well as other sacrifices), and that to me feels like I'm driving a Ferrari.

Ignoring my parents cars that I learned to drive I now have a 1971 GMC longbed truck that I drive. Love the thing, runs great, but no ac, no sound, needs a paint job... lol its a project. Will post pics later.

Its a few years off but...

BUMBLEBEE!!!!!!

1 Like

Nope I love my car dreamer!

@SilverS4sAreFaster

yes but Cummins Common Rail injection systems are more prone to equally costly fuel pump failures and other issues caused by bad fuel, HEUI are not, and the injectors RARELY go bad if you keep up on basic maintenance.

Also you have to take into account the design Differences, Common Rail Injectors Rely on high pressure fuel, HEUI injectors mechanically pressurize the fuel themselves.

also their is the small fact that the 7.3 Powerstroke can tow more weight un-modified than a cummins of the same year can. ;)

my main gripe with parts costs is just the amount that ford tacks on additional to the OEM price for parts, EG Ford Water Pump $569.90 OEM $150.00, Ford Magnetic Transmission Fluid Filter $250 OEM $15....(see what I mean?)

That same system that makes the Powerstroke injectors pressurize the fuel is the main point of failure on them though. And as a tech it's my worst nightmare to have to work on them....

High Pressure fuel pumps are nothing new, almost every new car diesel or gas has one these days.

This is just my reasoning though. I have an old Powerstroke but it doesn't run and I have no motivation to fix it.

it isn't that bad to work on them, true the HPOP can be a pain but not to bad, but the injectors on the 7.3 aren't a big deal to work on.

as for failures I'm guessing you mean Injector Stiction? that is usually caused by poor/incorrect maintenance & guess what their is a fix for that that doesn't require replacing them, it's a Fuel & Oil Additive Combination called "ArchOil" change the oil (inc the 3qts in the HPOP resivor), pop in that oil additive, add the fuel additive tot he tank, drive it 30-60 miles it cleans the crud that causes the stiction off , adds a hard lubricating coating to the metal surfaces, improves MPG + engine life and saves you from doing a injector job.

the only other failure(s) I can think of is the wiring harness & Injector Cups/O-Rings wich is also an issue with cummins and is only more work on a powerstroke due to the cummins only having 1 valve cover.
(Both usually caused by poor maint/normal wear)

didn't say they were new, just said they are more prone to failure from bad fuel.

Well I don't drive so...

5 Likes