Your favorite under appreciated or totally unkown metal artists?

Hour of penance

Aeon

1 Like

hmm they are treading very close to the almighty Heathen :D

1 Like

I like these guys

Also thought this was cool..

Thought that myself as well but still a good "under appreciated" black metal band that I like :)

1 Like

That Hour of Penance album is sick. Great stuff! :D

I would tell you, but you either would think they are bad or not know them.

But that's the fun of it lol

Hour of penance is like being hit by a brick wall of hate, fear and loathing.

Another couple of bands that deserve more attention.

Panzerchrist

Spawn of possession

;)

1 Like

Lol Panzerchrist is HEAVY. Thanks for showing them to me. I've heard of Spawn of Possession. "Where Angels Go, Demons Follow" came on a sampler from Relapse records and I really liked it.

I've recommended them before, but holy crap that new album. Just one song that didn't really work for me (ironically it's play! ) and the rest is really freaking nice. A new direction, definitely more crossover/modern but I really love it. Kontrust and their new album, explositive.

Gardenian.

Dawn of tears

Great band from Seattle imo.

1 Like

Does nu-metal/alternative metal count?

If so i reckon blindspott never got big enough for their 2003 album :(

For me, the ultimate under-appreciated thrash/groove band is Exhorder. They should be a household name since we have them to thank for Pantera's revised sound when they moved from the glam metal scene to to the Cowboys From Hell era. I still think its surprising how many folks don't know about Pantera's early career and haven't heard of Exhorder. If only these guys would've released a few more albums!

One band, that I discovered a few months ago, that I really appreciate. Warning: they are really heavy and fast... https://youtu.be/A8YazP0bcd0

SuidAkra

Cruachan

Damnation Angels

Bloodstain Child
It's electronic metal I guess you'd call it. Pretty sure the artists are Japanese.

Melechesh

Cryptic Wintermoon

Vreid

These
Falls of Rauros - Banished

Urilia - Ordained by the Hydra

Gallobraid - Stone of Remembrance

1 Like