Your favorite anime series...?

Would have to say it boils down to a few. Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, FLCL, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Samurai Champloo, and Air Gear. 

My favourite kinda ties down to Cowboy Bebop and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, I've got a few below it like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, Steins;Gate and Gurren Lagann. Don't really have a definitive true favourite.

In no particular order:

Code Geass, Naruto Shippuden, Bleach, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Deadman Wonderland, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Nichijou, Full Metal Alchemist(Brotherhood), 

Bleach is my favorite!

Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, FMA, Death Note, Black Lagoon

these 5 should go into any anime list as top 10 if not the best

Initial D, Wangan Midnight, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, High School of the Dead, Little bit of Naruto and several others. Of course its all Subbed and not english dubbed,

hmmm... the best ones that i have seen are:

Clannad, FateZero(i dont even have to explain why this is awesome), Madoka Magica, Higurashi(before i read the VN of it), Code Geass, and Kara no Kyoukai(from the people who animated Fate Zero, its a reallly good series of anime movies, that i fully endorse

What about an anime for someone who hates anime (me)? I am willing to give anime a chance, but the stuff I've seen in passing did not appeal to me at all. Too much happy wierd stuff going on. Suggestions?

What are you exactly looking for? and by weird, do you mean fan service, weird alien creatures, and weird plot lines?(im leaning towards cowboy bebop... but im not for sure if thats the best intro anime)

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. 

So many series that people have listed have some type of quirk to them that bring people in. As much as I enjoy Cowboy Bebop, its not something that keeps me coming back to watch again and again. Whereas Zeta Gundam has everything you could look for. Yeah, its not filled with alot of comedy. Its pretty dark. But thats just it. 

So many anime try to have hey! Lets give you alllll this comedy. Super light heartedness. Then BAM! Its all serious all of a sudden. Dragonball Z worked because it never really went overboard. Trigun almost had too much comedy, but it made up for it in the end. Having some lightheartedness is fine. But having too much, and trying to switch to a super serious show just does not work for me. Exactly why the Transformers live action movies don't work for me either.

I think this new one - Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet  looks very promising.

Though I do not have any favourites I can honestly say that I hate most Animes. And I saw a lot of them.
How anybody over 18 might like Naruto or Bleach or Dragonball other than for nostalgic reasons is a complete mystery to me.

Lately I really enjoyed Jormungand. I also like Ghost in the Shell or Darker than Black. Rideback was totally underrated. Full Metal Panic is great aswell.

Some funny ones like Basquash and Tower of Druaga have their charme.

In Romance I just liked His & Her Circumstances. Everything else I've seen was bullshit so far.

I cannot stand Harem like Clannad or Mecha like Evangelion. Seen them and tossed them away like the bullshit they were.

prinsses resarection soooooooooooooooooo bad ass

Bleach ended *cries* but the manga continued! (And manga is just anime in books whatever anyone says imo!).

Bleach is awesome, not because it is funny. I used to think Anime was wierd, then I watched bleach, my life changed and now I love anime, I've watched other things like SAO, however I still love Bleach more than the others.

Josh...?! Is that you?! I didn't know you were on the Tek Syndicate Forums lol!

Elfen Lied and Clannad Series. Nuff said.

Oh man..the list is very lengthy.  I can not choose just one favorite anime.  Let me just give you a list of all of the anime I'd rewatch numerous times.

.Hack series. Only because there is so much nostalgia for me.  I played the games and was fascinated by the games that I started watching the anime.

The 1988 movie Akira.  First anime movie I saw.

Blood+, Busou Renkin, Cowboy Bebop, Chrno Crusade, Elfen Lied, Ergo Proxy, Fairy Tail if you're in to that style, Most Gundam Series but Gundam Wing is my favorite from them, Hajime No Ippo, All of Initial D, Macross series, I love Naruto and watching him grow up, Outlaw Star, Persona Series, Rurouni Kenshin (fantastic series) especially with Samurai X movie, Samurai Champloo, SAO, Zetsuen No Tempest.

I feel like I'm missing some great series, but these are what's coming to mind at the moment.

My personal favorites have to be Code Geass, Gurren Laggan, Eureka 7, Soul Eater and I recently watched D Grey man. Its slow at the beggining but it gets really nice after the middle episodes.

Elfen Lied was pretty good imo

I've just submerged into the world of Anime, and my libary isn't as vast as other viewers. I love the japanese four act drama system, which significantly alters the writing process and the story unfolding.

My current favorite is Initial D. The Fifth Stage is currently airing, but the trouble is that it's two episodes every five weeks, which is hell to wait, but they make them as they go, so five weeks for that cool CGI and the drawings ought to be enough.

I was looking for Bleach, but I ran onto Death Note and I was immediately hooked to it. The story as a whole is pure brilliance. Its unorthodox pace and the flow are just brilliant, and I love it.

I finished Ergo Proxy, and although it's slow at times, it's just great. Tons of mindfuck moments!