Xeon vs Ivybridge-E vs Haswell?

Hi,

I'm in the market for a new CPU; I currently have an i7 930. I do a lot of video encoding and image editing and other such things that require good multi-threaded performance, but I also do a lot of gaming. I was awaiting the release of the Ivybridge-E but have so far been disappointed with the news, only a 10% IPC improvement over Sandybridge-E and hugely over-priced for what they give you. So I thought, since from what I've read, the Ivybridge-E is more or less a Xeon, for a few hundred pounds less (yes I'm from the UK) I could get a 6 core 2011 Xeon, and get the mutli-threaded performance I need, but how will this effect gaming? I know the Xeon is really a server part, but surely it doesn't totally suck for games?

I thought about just getting the 4770K, but I couldn't find any 1150 motherboards that supported 3-way SLi, and I have 3 graphics cards... At least none that had a decent amount of PCIe lanes, making 3-way SLi pointless! (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

So to cut to the chase;

How does the Xeon E5-2620W stack up against the 4930K?

How good is the Xeon E5-2620W in single threaded applications like games?

I really do need multi-threaded performance, so how would a 4770K hold up in this regard?

Last but not least, how well do Xeons overclock? Being a server part I suspect it's pretty awful... 

Thanks in advance for any help!

KloWn

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Xeon-E5-2620-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4930K

Your best choice would be a 12 core Ivy Bridge E Xeon for multi-threaded applications, and single-threaded applications, but for PCIe lanes, I would have to go with Ivy E, because Xeons only have 8 lanes of PCIe 2..0 on the C604 and C602 chipsets, while Ivy E has 40 lanes of PCIe 3.0.