Xbone Scorpio actually seems impressive

The people who don't buy into the hype and wait to see if its a decent product?

I for one am loving this culture. :smirk:

1 Like

Nonsense design choices combined with a lack of software make the switch unappealing to say the least, it's unclear if the switch will get all the great strategy titles and such from the 3ds. If all they're going to get is in house nintendo titles no way is it worth buying.

As for the scorpio, why would anyone want to buy something on a microsoft console when you know you're going to be getting it on PC if it's decent? Titles worth having that don't come ot the PC from their console line are few and far between.

The reason I'd buy a console is because you get a high end gaming PC for a third of the price. You'd struggle to buy a comparable video card for the price of the Scorpio nevermind the rest of the system.

If you buy a game on the Xbox I think you get a copy for Windows too. I seem to remember someone at MS banging on about it.

When you combine the lack of backwards compatibility and software costs there is no gain.

That is peasant delusion

Stahp

Maybe if they put windows 10 on it, but then it really isn't a console any more. Just an odd prebuilt

Which is?

The price of the Xbox one and PS4 pro +/-10% most likely.

So you don't know is what you are saying.

1 Like

I know this console will cost around a third of the price of building a 4K capable PC. Unless you know better?

No, you don't And I don't either. That is my point.

OK so if we ignore common sense then... The Scorpio will be around $500.

How could you possibly believe that?

And even if you do 99% of software worth playing will be poorly optimized for the weird prebuilt you just grabbed. I assume you don't believe it's going to be playing games on windows 10 in 4k? at least nothing modern

It's not like there is some advancement in media like a blu ray player they're going to stick in there for value like the PS3, the only obvious example of truly discount hardware from a console manufacturer. And sony was moving on from the most successful console that will probably ever exist

MS will have to stay competitive with Sony so the price is almost set in stone. The Scorpio is just a version of windows PC but focused on gaming.

Don't drag me into that. You are the one making shit up.

Popcorn gif time

3 Likes

So if Microsoft thought they were going to sell 100 million scorpios that would all make sense Venkman. But they don't think that and we certainly don't.

Giving us hardware for half it's cost is a gamble probably worth taking if you're trying to take over the market.

That's what Sony tried to do. The only problem with that is the 6th gen is long gone and no one sells units like that in home consoles.

You're going to buy an odd pre built for a system with no software you want....Unless you play some mediocre fps or a sports game on there with friends I don't understand how you think this could be a good buy relative to a PC? Once you factor in software price not a chance

Edit - wow they limited first day posts, i have never seen that before. Maybe I have just never done enough posting in one day. Well I can't respond for now but know you're obviously making the wrong choice lol

I would help you out dr. But i got beat up already this week.

1 Like

Looking at the price of games the difference isn't that great any more. Politics aside, a console looks like a good option if the goal is to play games and for 4K gaming the Scorpio makes sense. To me it makes sense anyway.

1 Like

I'm also curious about the operating system and how much overhead it uses when actually in game. In a lot of instances one can see Linux performing better in a variety of tasks with it being attributed to having a lower overhead or whatever, so if the OS on Scorpio has even lower overhead would it also not perform comparatively better?

I don't get some of the reasoning within parts of the PC community. I get the overall ill feeling toward MS, but not the hatred for consoles. From what I see the reasoning is nothing more than because not PC's bro, but every console since the Xbox 360 and PS3 are PC's so that reason is a little confusing in 2017.

The general resolution to this problem seems to be building a windows based gaming PC in righteous anger and much higher cost, as if that's going to teach MS and the console industry a lesson somehow.

And everything will run in a hypervisor and at 30FPS.