X99 Build - Windows 7 or 8.1 Pro?

Hi All,

As per title. I'm about to put together a X99 build with 5960x, and wondering whether Windows 7 will hold my hardware back. Obviously I've heard lots of issues with 8, and 8.1 they brought the start button back but not as we know it.

I'm mainly going to be using it for Video Editing and Photography, think Adobe Creative Suite. However, I may crack out the occassional game (do majority of gaming on console), and thus have some Steam and Origin PC games, as well as tradditional.

So I'm just wondering what you guys n girls think, recommend.

Thanks in advance.

Sim

Windows 8.1 was noticeably faster for me and I use start8 to make it feel like windows 7. Most people here recommend startisback though, it is cheaper. What's an extra $5 when you are already putting together an x99 5960x machine?

I was always under the impression that Windows 7 was for "Power Users" and Windows 8 was for consumers and "light duty" users. Microsoft has always had a problem making a "dud" every other incarnation. If it was me I would install 7 and wait for 9 with my fingers crossed ... hoping that they make it something for us power users.