X570 Motherboards with Bifucration support

Hello,

I’am wondering, if there woud be possible a setup with a X570 Mainboard and 4 Nvme SSD Gen3 on a PCIe Slot Gen4 with 4 x 4 Bifurcation. I also want to be able to use two GPU - 8x or 4x PCI Lanes would be enough for the GPU’s. I have seen several X570 Mainboards that support Bifurcation, but not seen the possibility to use 4 x Gen3 SSD in a NVME HYPER Card like the one from ASRock.

Does any one have any experiences on this topic or knows a Mainboard that supports my needs?

Thanks for your help, Online78

Yeah I have an Aorus Master and the gigabyte AIC adapter is working perfectly I score 13GB read transfert on cristal disk mark, but the thing is that my 3090 on the x4 pcie slot in losing a little performance by chocking into it. maybe 2000 points on 3d mark, I want to rebench it but lazy to reinstall the 3dmark on other drive… ahah I should just do it… EDIT: yeah I didn’t red all the way through… if you use gen3 on a bifurcated pcie slots, the other slot attache into it must be gen3 too because the x16 coming from the cpu cannot be splitted into two gens… I believe. and I hope your gpus are gen4 if you want to pass them through the PCH. my put my vega card on the x4 slot on my x570, didn’t loss any performance and no bottleneck… I believe that the chipset still keep the gen4 with the cpu even if the gpu after is gen3… so to sum it up, you will need x4/x4/x4/x4 for the ssds and x4/x4 for the gpu? you’ll have to need two pcie x16 slot that come from the chipset and since many motherboard have those two slots coming from the cpu and then splitted in x8/x8, you’ll need at least 4 x16 pcie slot and arranged in a way that you’ll only use on slot from the cpu pci lanes and the other two from the chipset… you’ll have more chance with a workstation/creator aimed motherboard for that.
Hopes my answers guide you well.
not 100% sure of all I wrote, but you can start from that.
Ianochez

Hi Ian,

thank you for your support. I have digged a little bit into the story and see it at the moment like this (Ian your answer helped me a lot).

I need a mainboard that supports three PCIe Slots 16 with following configuration:
1 slot with PCIe bifurcation 4x4 Gen4
1 slot 4 PCIe lanes Gen4
1 slot 4 PCIe lanes Gen4 over x570 chipset

I searched a little bit and think, following two boards could support this kind of configuration:
X570 AORUS ULTRA and
X570 AORUS PRO

all other X570 mainboards seem not to support this kind of configuration.

Am I right? Can anyone check, if my thoughts are right?

Thanks for your support guys,
online78

1 Like

Actually found the exact product I needed for pcie-splittery on this (albeit older, but codes check out) post: PCIe Bifurcation Splitters?
Pretty sure I saw some pcie gen 4 stuff on the ameri rack website.
Edit: I emailed them when I didn’t see what I needed and they responded quickly, basically doing a non-advertised (no way its custom for what they charged me) item so worth an email to them. That said, I’m more than happy to.pay someone $75 be done with searching and get exactly what I want.

Hello

i found this board, on which two PCI E Slots are on the X570 Chipset. I think, this board would support my whishes.

what do you think?

Sorry for the delay, I just forgot our investigation. I’m an android craze guy, it is hard to get here on my mobile phone and don’t use my pc that often after all. yeah I’m sure that gigabyte can support PCIe bifurcation on most of their board, but I know there is a AIC adapter from ASUS too, the Hyper m.2 thing can’t remember the name. So I suppose that they must have that implementation too. I did some benchmark without the AIC adapter I’ll publish picture in a minute mm I saved those result in a file I can’t read ahah it was with 3d mark

On the bottom slot x4 4.0

mid slot x8 4.0

top slot x16 4.0

I need to test with the AIC adapter with Gen 3.0 nvme ssds and the card on mid slots, splitting the x16 in those two slots.
mid slot x8 3.0 with the aic adapter on top slot. Pictures coming shortly

… and I got a 13GB bandwith with a pcie x8 slots, that is a x8 4.0 bandwith

No I was wrong… it’s still 13,46GB even if the pcie slot is bifurcated into x4/x4 for the first one and x8 for the second one… my nvme are pcie 3.0, I deleted my raid volume so to format at least one ssd to “activate” the 3.0 communication in that slots and stil… the second slot will be at 4.0, a x16 3.0 nominal bandwith. that is really cool after all

My comprehension is that pcie lanes bifurcation makes those groups of lanes independent from each others and we can just mix and match any given generation. that’s even cooler than I though.

To answer your question at last, yeah it should do it since the TWO lower x16 pcie slot are from the PCH that is in the chipset. I removed my multiple reply
to confirm I think you saw it

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.