X570 Aorus Master: 3 x M.2 Nvme?

I saw Wendells video for the X570 Aorus Master and what he said regarding lane saturation made me a little confused. So I came here to dig a little deeper and saw that it was recommended to go into bios and set the pcie to run a 3.0. However, a couple of bios revisions have been dropped since those posts so I thought I’d ask.

My questions are the following:

1. Can I run 2 x pcie 4.0 m.2 drives and a 970 evo plus m.2 (boot). (Total of 3 m.2 drives) without a bottle neck? I know that 2 sata slots will be disabled but that’s ok with me. L

2. I was originally planning to put the 1tb 970 evo in the second slot under the gpu, 2tb 4.0 (media and cache) 1st slot, 1tb 4.0 (scratch) in the third slot. Does this look ok as far as temps and bandwidth goes?

Here are my build parts awaiting life:

Fractal Meshify C
Aorus Master X570
EVGA 2080 Ti XC ULTRA
Samsung NVMe 970 Evo+ (1TB)
Inland NVMe PCIe 4.0 (2TB)
Inland NVMe PCIe 4.0 (1TB)
Seagate Ironwolf (12TB) (2x)(RAID10)
Gskill TridentZ Neo 3200 CL14 (4x16)
Deepcool Castle 240EX
Seasonic 1000w TI PSU

1 Like

I reckon theoretically it’s best to put the 4.0 drives in the first and second slots since those go to the cpu directly. And the evo in the bottom one since that one goes through the chipset to the cpu, but that link should be fast enough for the evo.

Probably won’t make a difference in the real world though. You might have problems booting from the evo if you not set it to pci-e 3.0 but you will lose performance on the 4.0 drives.

That’s what i was afraid of.
Should i just return the evo and run a wd blue ssd as boot?

My main concern is editng and fully utilizing the 4.0 speeds.

Yeah well just because some people report problems doesn’t mean you will have them. On the other hand there is something to be said for peace of mind , certainly for a machine like this.

1 Like