X399 + Process Lasso, the ultimate single system streaming setup?

Hi,

I am waiting for 9. January for probable AMD news and while waiting for Zen 2, there are retailers with offers for Threadripper 1920x, where it costs the same as my Ryzen 7 2700x. Now, my question to people with Threadripper CPU, how will Windows and games react, when I would set in process lasso, that I want all not manually set processes to run on NUMA node 0 - drivers, games, etc, then I would tell Process Lasso, that OBS + Xsplit + Chrome should run on NUMA node 1. Would it perform like I hope for - encoding and Chrome would have their own ryzen 5/7 cpu and game would have their own ryzen 5/7 cpu. I know especially first gen Threadripper without XFR2 would run slower - lower all cores boost, but I would like to know if in this case I could torture NUMA node 1 with like 99% usage through encoding, and then run my game mostly unaffected on NUMA node 0.

Many thanks to anyone crazy enough, who would maybe try my idea.

The 1920x is 2 6 core die. The performance will be fine ofc, plenty of cores for your usage .

If you limit your games to one node it will act like a 1600x so expect similar performance to that ( connect your GPU to the same die OFC).

1 Like