X370 1700X posting issue

Do you have any way to test your CPU? Either in a known good mobo, or a known good CPU in your mobo?

OH! Another thing, there are lights around some of the major components (RAM, PCIe slot), is the one for the CPU lighting up? Not the EZ debug LED, but the one close to the CPU socket?

Thereā€™s the light by the cpu which lights up which is labelled iGPU. It detects that the CPU doesnā€™t have integrated graphics which basically means the cpu is recognised from what i know.

New motherboard hasnā€™t fixed the issue. I think the next thing i can try is getting some lower frequency memory and using that to boot and update the bios.

Update:
Tried slower 2400MHz corsair lpx memory in the slots the mobo recommends and it yielded the same boot looping issue. Tried it in different slots and i got four post beeps - indicating a dead motherboard.

So now i can only conclude that i had a working motherboard with an out of date bios which i had rmaā€™d for a broken motherboard that also didnt work or give feedback until i got compatible memory. Wow

Could be a production issue, I rmaā€™ed a xonar u7 with an issue which the new one also has. Ask for a refund, then invest in Asrock or Asus. Youā€™re better of with one of those brands

Iā€™ll consider it but it looked like a great mobo for the price. Gonna try clearing cmos to see where that gets me.

More info :
It says 1006 on the bottom of the barcode - indicating it has the bios uodate with AGESA 1.0.0.6.

The ram in slots 1 & 3 will cause the 4 post beeps. When placed in the slots that msi recommends - 2&4 it just bootloops indefinitely.

Hmm interesting another Msi X370 board seem to have trouble.
This allmost starts to look like a pattern.
Iā€™m personally not a huge fan of Msi am4 boards in the first place,
based on the vrm implementations on them.
But yeah this is getting interestingā€¦

Yeah give it a try, just unplug it from the wall and take out the bios battery on the board for a few minutes.

Nothing. Iā€™ll probably try a replacement as I do like the look + feature set of this mobo at its price. I think itā€™s just an issue of me stupidly misdiagnosing the first issue as a faulty motherboard and then ironically getting a faulty motherboard as a replacement.

My specs:

-R7 1700
-Asus Crosshair Hero
-16gb Corsair Vengeance LED 2666mhz
-Titan x
-EVGA SN 750w
-Samsung EVO 850 256gb
-Segate 3tb HDD

My board woks and boots but my two right ram slots are dead everything was fine before bios 1502 update I reflashed it back to 1002 but problem still persists, been trying to fix it for 3 days now.

Oh so it turns out that it was working fine and i needed to use a dvi cable instead of my hdmi cable. HDMI cable is functioning fine btw.