WX7100 Benchmark List

We’re wanting to do a follow-up on this:

Does anyone have time to run through the comments (here, yt) and gather up the programs AND LINKS for the programs people would like to benchmark?

We’re doing the same for Vega 56 and 64 and putting videos together. We’d like to do more stuff like this, but it’s a lot of work, and we’d like to (maybe) ask prominent memebrs of the community to help us out a bit. Big thanks to @weskie as he helped us test Maya already.

For example, if y’all can help us organize a bit –

Luxmark -- OpenCL benchmark 
http://www.luxmark.info/ Luxmark -- OpenCL benchmark appropriate for these cards. Competing cards, X and Y score i and j respectively. This is a reference benchmark AMD uses and has been used at tom's hardware and other places. Would recommend we do the LuxBall benchmark (non hdr).

The idea is that if y’all help and make it easier on us, we will have to spend less time poking around unfamiliar software. For example Davinci Resolve was suggested as a program… but how do we go about testing that? Is there a standard regimin?

Right now I feel like Puget Systems is really setting the standard here with articles like this. Nice job guys, really. This type of thing will be good, but we’ll need to know a bit more about the niche/specialty software to make it easy for us to benchmark. And, eventually, the goal is to automate it.

It is taking longer than I would have hoped to use powershell and autohotkey to automate things. Eventually I want to open source it, or build a platform, to help end-users download a script, run it to reconfigure their game, and then compare how their system is doing in that game to our benchmarks. I would love to automate this as much as possible though. That’s long term. Short term is testing Vega (and WX7100) for other types of workloads.

Appreciate anything anyone can contribute to this conversation, thanks.

Wendell

4 Likes

When benchmarking blender/cycles make sure to change tile sizes when comparing GPUs to CPUs the architectural difference between GPUs and CPUs makes GPUs favor bigger tile sizes vs smaller tiles for the CPUs. See point three here:

squarespace

2 Likes