[WTS] Stax SRS-3100 and Modded Fostex T50RP MK II

I'm selling my Stax SRS-3100 system. That includes both the Stax SR-L300 earspeakers, and the Stax SRM-252S Driver Unit. I have included a power adapter that is compatible with US 120v 60Hz outlets. Lightly used system, works and sounds great. $600 USD OBO

As well as my Mayflower Electronics Fostex T50RP MK II (version 3, aka the one with more bass/ V curve frequency response) these have the headband padding upgrade as well as ear cup pad upgrade. $200 USD OBO

Shipping is not included in the price. All items work perfectly. I can take more pictures if needed. Unfortunately, I no longer have the box for the T50RP's and no receipt saying it's from Mayflower. So, I guess you'll have to take my word for it. Sorry... :confused:
Shoot me an offer!

Bump.

Bump.

How have you enjoyed the Stax? I’d love to get some some-day.

(free bump)

1 Like

I have, and they are amazing, but I just don’t use them often enough. They are rather uncomfortable if worn for more than 30 minutes. Sound is clear as day though. They are very transparent, and by that I mean that badly mixed music will sound bad. You will hear mistakes in a recording, whether you want to or not.

If I got stax, I’d mod the pads for sure.

I tried that! Unfortunately, the cups only rotate so far inwards, so large pads will make the headphones sit like this /O\ on your head instead of like this |O| . In other words, not flush. Of course, I could try smaller pads on the adapter I bought for them.
https://socas3d.com/
I tried ZMF Lambskin pads, and they were too big :frowning:

1 Like