[WTS] [NA] 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston DDR3L 204-pin SO-DIMM ECC RAM - SUPERMICRO MBD-A1SAi-2750F-O Motherboard

Keep on eye out for my Buy/Sale/Trade threads, as I'll be selling more parts soon. The ones in this thread are still available.

North America only. Located in the US.

Just to clarify, I'm willing to sell these individually. I'd just rather sell it all at once.

This is essentially every part you need for a server, except for storage. Parts will shipped clean.

Buyer pays shipping. I accept Paypal (not gift). Here is my heatware: https://www.heatware.com/u/95058

All items come with their accessories unless stated otherwise.

Note: If you buy all items together, there's a discount. See bottom of post.

16GB (2x8GB) Kingston DDR3L 204-pin SO-DIMM ECC RAM - $100

Price Check: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CUYOGRM

SUPERMICRO MBD-A1SAi-2750F-O Motherboard - $300

Price Check: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813182851

Note 1: This is a System on Chip motherboard with an embedded 8 core/8 thread Intel Atom Avoton CPU at 2.40 GHz. It's powerful enough to transcode 3+ 1080p streams with Plex, as an example. It is passively cooled. It hits like 60C while doing that with a single case fan.
Note 2: The Dual port SATA card comes with the Motherboard.
Note 3: This motherboard has four NIC ports and a dedicated IPMI port for remote management.
Note 4: This motherboard has a USB port built into it for an OS drive if you wish.
Note 5: You want to pair this Motherboard with a PSU that supports all of the C power states. The Silverstone SFX 450w Gold does.

You can read more about how the motherboard with embedded CPU performs here:

Note: The FreeNAS Mini that's reviewed there uses the ASRock version of this motherboard. the CPU is the same.

The system has been stable and fine for me. I just don't need a server atm and would rather put that money into my gaming PC and have it serve dual purpose through virtualization.

This is a powerful server with lots of potential as a router, Plex Media Server, HTPC, personal cloud storage, etc etc. It's potential as a router is expanded by it's multiple NIC configuration.

I had Arch Linux on it running Plex and some other stuff. FreeNAS, or Amahi, or Windows Server, would work well on it.

If you guys have any questions regarding any of these parts, feel free to ask.

Bump.

Any feedback on this post is appreciated.

Would that case be able to fit a 240mm radiator, 120mm radiator and pump/res combo? Been eyeballing it for a super compact custom watercooled system.

1 Like

Yes, I believe it would.

That's it mounted on top of a HAF 915. Note the 360mm Radiator. The gap between the drive cage and the Motherboard section can certainly fit a radiator and pump. It would of course be cramped a bit.

That's it with the Drive bay removed. If you went purely NVMe and SSDs, you'd have that much room to play with.

The whole pitch of this case was combining it with it's larger version for added storage room, more water cooling room, or a secondary PC attached to the first. You probably know that, but just in case you don't...

Edit: TBH, it works very well on it's own as an ITX case. Just the right amount of portability and space for needed parts for a server or gaming PC imo.

Hi i am interested in purchasing the 915r

Unfortunately, I just shipped it. Sorry.