[SOLD] Mcclurken's Gear Sale

[SOLD]
I have too much stuff. I hope some of these items are of interest here. Not completely opposed to international shipping but will have to be case-by-case. Local pickup considered despite the plague.

Supermicro X8DTE with 2xIntel X5650 80GB DDR3 Reg. ECC and Noctua coolers
The motherboard, both CPUs, coolers, memory and IO plate included. The case, cables and power supply are not. But if you need some SATA cables I can throw some in but only if you ask. I used this as a Freenas server some years ago until I realized it was way overkill for my needs. It sits unused most of the time. I’d rather pass this on to another nerd tinkerer than put it on ebay or part it out. You need a power supply that can support 2 CPU. If you can’t find one then it will run with just one CPU, just remove one. Offers considered, thinking $200. We will have to figure out shipping on this, maybe split it.

The Mac mini and the Razer Core X have been sold. The SuperMicro is also gone. Sorry for not editing the post before - I will follow the rules if I can just remember to! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You don’t happen to play guitar do ya? i’m interested in the xeon but I’m prohibitively poor, but I do have a lot of guitar gear.

Sorry, I didn’t get an email notification and I haven’t been checking in lately due to my workload. I do play guitar, actually, though not much lately. I don’t need this Xeon system anymore and it is taking up a good chunk of space in my small house. If you’re really interested I’m sure we can work something out. What did you have in mind?

Just wanted to check thats a E-ATX board correct? Im thinking logistically if I have a box I can drop it in. NM it is. Ill think on it here see if I need more gear. LOL I am a tinkerer lol

Hi HaaStyleCat,
Yes, that board is referred to as E-ATX but you may also be aware how little that designation is worth, at least when it comes to selecting a case. I think this is a particular pet peeve of Steve @GamersNexus and one that I share perhaps. I have 2 large cases; be quiet! Dark 900 and a Rosewill Newegg store brand. This board won’t fit in the be quiet! even though it supposedly supports E-ATX while the Rosewill, probably simply due to how simple the case is, easily accepts the E-ATX aka SSI-EEB (I think?).

My advice based on being burned on this problem more than once is to measure the board and carefully review the specs of the case and see if it will fit. The reviews will usually give some clues too at places like Newegg. You simply cannot use the ‘standard’ as a guide.

BTW, TheF1sh has the board now. I forgot to post a SOLD I guess. Sheesh, seems like I did that but here it is. I shall attempt to rectify my posting etiquette transgression…

Closing topic as OP marked Sold, PM any admin to have it unlocked if you need.