[WTS] [EU] Intel S2600CO, 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620, 64GB DDR3 ECC RAM

Hello!
I am selling this motherboard. I have booted in Fedora and Proxmox to test basic functionality. I can test more if such request is made. This system is great to have for it having many PCI-E lanes and for cheap CPU core upgrades compared to a newer system (sandy and ivy bridge Xeon CPUs are really cheap on aliexpress and in other places, check it out). I believe by reading the manual that this system allows for max 24 cores of sandy or ivy bridge Xeon CPUs.

There are two defects I have noticed

1. Defective VGA output. This board has BMC chip, which has it’s own VGA graphics to output BIOS settings or basic 2D graphics. I never got the output from the built in VGA graphics, so solution is to put in a dedicated GPU, which let’s the board finish POST. Once you set inside BIOS to turn off built in graphics, then the system can be powered on without any GPU.
  2. Snapped off plastic piece from one of the PCI-E slot (picture in attachment), but that doesn’t impact the functionality of the PCI-E slot

You will get

• Intel S2600CO motherboard, installed newest BIOS, ME, BMC, FRUSDR versions
    – Motherboard size is SSI-EEB (12"x13") or also known as E-ATX. This means the motherboard size isn’t usual and there aren’t that many cases to choose from. Either you will have to mod a case to make the motherboard fit or purchase a case this motherboard fits in.
  • 2x Xeon E5-2620 (6 cores, 12 threads, Base freq. - 2.00GHz, Boost freq. 2.50GHz), in total 12 cores, 24 threads
  • 64GB DDR3 1333MHz ECC
  • ATI Radeon HD 3470 GPU for video output
  • Intel storage upgrade key, model number RKSATA8

If you have any more questions, write a comment or write a private message to me. I will only sell to someone, who lives in Europe, as the shipping costs to US, Canada or other country outside EU union is going to be expensive and I don’t want to deal with customs.

Price is 170 euros for all of this I have listed, except shipping costs of course. I am open to price negotiations.

Greetings,
Markuss

Edit: Price is now reduced to 170 euros. I am waiting for your DMs or comments.

1 Like