[WTB] Fury/Furyx cooler

Want to buy a cooler for a Fury X I just acquired. Can be either the AIO cooler from the Fury X or one of the various aftermarket Fury coolers.

@anon5205053 do you have one laying around?

Just get a water block. They are so much easier to find.
As the only other way to get one is buying another which either defeats the purpose or you'll then have a ded card extra lol.

I'm trying to keep the cost down I don't want to have to get more watercooling stuff.

The only other way is to jank-mount an Arctic Accelero to it.

Meh. I'll cross that bridge if it comes to it.

I mean you could use that NZXT thing to strap an AIO to it but then cooling the VRMs and things might be an issue.
Also why do you have a bare Fury X lol

Engineering sample something something aio went boom something something.

2 Likes

Good luck finding drivers that work with that ES even if you do get it working lol

It's a very late engineering sample, it won't be an issue.

You say that and yet even retail cards have issues because win10 knows what drivers you need better than you do lol...

In any case good luck not finding a cooler :)
Or making one out of an accelero.

1 Like

sorry, i'm still using mine.

Ah, I thought you had custom blocks on them. Thanks anyways.

Your optimism in this thread is breathtaking.

1. Drivers for AMD samples aren't hard to get working.
  2. Coolers for AMD cards aren't hard to come by.
  3. BIOS editing AMD cards to get drivers working takes about 10 minutes.
1 Like

:)
sorry, may have forgotten this wasn't the lounge when i saw @SoulFallen making a thread lol
is whatever

2 Likes

.> Cries about The LAN PM not being The Lounge
.> Goes into other people's threads and acts like it's The Lounge

@SoulFallen Better save the "R9 Fury" search term on eBay for awhile. Been seeing AS-IS units sell for $100 lately, and that's not a bad price to get a working card.

1 Like

What it's soul fallen the
oh he's no longer the top kek
k

still so far I have been legitimately helpful on 1/2 @SoulFallen threads so far

lel

But on a more serious note @Fouquin are the mounting holes on the Fury X the same as on a 290X/390X
if so then could probably retro fit a cooler from one of those, they are much more available
then again a custom air cooler i.e. the accelero probably works just as well so meh?

also @SoulFallen have you even tried the RX 480 cooler on it
because unless it's the stock cooler it... probably might work
the stock cooler would be bad if it fit just because of the design of it but you could see if it does work
unless you got rid of the coolers for the RX 480s you have

Nope. They aren't even close. To fit even the NZXT G10 you need to drill out another set of holes.

That said I do have a G10 in storage that's been drilled out to fit Fiji cards. Probably missing most of the screws at this point though.