WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WF Random power off & unable to see drives at times

such a shame might have to replace the drive with a sata SSD

Early adopter tax

1 Like

try it in the aic in the top slot just for giggles. Also try explictly setting the m.2 slot to pcie gen3 mode. Doesn’t always help but maybe.

Since 2017 I could never get my 1950x boxes to boot Win 10. I took another stab at it as I was using one rig as a temporary Xenserver but this is now handled by a “real” Dell PowerEdge box.

…and Windows 10 works fine now. One thing I did differently though, was to remove the NVMe stick from the DIMM.2 slot and ran the Win 10 installer; previously I could’t get it to go past a crash on the installer boot screen. This time it worked!

So my guess is Win 10 (or at least my copy) does not have compatible NVME drivers. I feel like such a dolt for not trying this before. Oh well!

Weird never had an issue with that on my 1950x

1 Like

I just bought this board but have not opened yet. I am very concerned now. If I am 1) able to update fw on 980 and 2) update board fw will the “pcie errors” basically be gone? Or are there other issues (pcie or different) that are making this board difficult to work with? Fwiw I would be pairing it with the 3975wx and I have a Corsair 1500 Titanium power supply.

I don’t think it’s anything with the board fwiw, just the insanity around pcie 4.0 support.

Also weird the aorus add in cards with redrivers had tons and tons of pcie errors but the Asus one with no redrivers were fine.

Just boot linux and see if you’re getting errors

1 Like

Crucial was fried, replaced it with another samsung drive.

Both machines are currently up & running. Thanks again for all the tips!

3 Likes

LOSE
The 90mm Noctua cooler isn’t powerful enough for 280W Threadripper pro so possibly CPU overheating is part of the issue.
Really only the 14 is viable, or the hyper speed Supermicro

Windows 10 or Windows 11 and it’s nvme problems?

I’m not happy with the amount of logging the bmc gives you, I’ve definitely had it crash and not had anything in logs.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.