So I am still playing WoW … for some reason and I am alternating between two systems doing so. A manjaro KDE running Ryzen7 1700 OC’ed to 3.8GHz on all cores, R9 Fury and SATA SSD vs my Kubuntu 2700X stock, Vega64 and NVME storage. The silly thing is that my objectively slower system runs fine and the 2700X+Vega64 machine stutters pretty heavily whenever something new enters the scene / something has to be loaded in.
Things I have done so far:
- CPU governor -> performance via sysfsutils (also tried cpufrequtils) and CPU is basically boosting all the time now.
- Changing graphical and advanced settings ingame.
- Manually setting CPU speed and voltage in the UEFI.
- Turning off C-states and Cool&Quiet in UEFI.
- Setting pcie_aspm=off on boot via grub.
- Moving the whole game folder to another drive.
I am on Kubuntu 18.04, kernel 4.20.14, lutris 0.5.0.1.
Question is: anything more I can do?
Or is it possible that manjaro is just the better fit for this specific problem?