Would you buy a repaired Macbook Pro?

Maybe try to negotiate with the seller? If he’s willing to let you return, maybe he’s willing to pay for the repair? I’ve had cases where sellers were pretty happy to pay for parts to not deal with the return process…

1 Like

I will discuss this with him hoping he would accept and I don’t have to ship it back. I really don’t want to go through the return process myself.

This most relevant question here is this:

• is it a 15" or 13" model?

13" model - i’d consider buying a 2015 - if it was cheap enough. the core design of the 13" 2015 is solid. It’s a great machine. better than anything apple currently make.
15" model - i’d definitely not

Apple 15" macbook pros (and 17"s) have a long history of discrete GPU death, and typically the discrete GPUs are not great at time of release and 5-6 years later will be borderline trash tier.

I say that as an owner of both 15" (2011, dead now - since about 2015) and 13" (2015 - still as good as new) macbook pros.

edit:
the 2015 13" machine mentioned above… look how non worn-out it looks :smiley:

gets pretty heavy use every day and lugged to/from work.

It is a 13" Model Early 2015, i7 with 16gb of ram and 500 SSD. I really like it and enjoy using it just because of the form factor and the fact that it has a better keyboard the newer ones. Which one do you have and what are you spec’s?. I took to Apple authorized service center and they told me that the fan need to be replaced to fix this issue. I think I’m going to keep it and fix the fan just because I like it. Also, the condition overall is excellent almost like new with only tiny scratch at the bottom and you can’t even see it well. I have the 15" but i don’t use it that often just because it’s bigger and not that portable.

If mac hardware test runs OK and other tests run OK i’d buy it.

It’s possibly one of the best 13" apple notebooks ever made.

Mine is a 2015, i5, 8 gb, 500 gb

Off the shelf model. I bought off-the-shelf this time because i didn’t want to wait and figured if i needed to RMA it, off the shelf i’d get one swapped over a lot quicker.

Though i do wish it had 16 GB of ram - most of the heavy stuff i do on a desktop these days.

The hardware test is fine and the battery cycle count is less than 50. The only issue is that the fans make some noises which is normal when I read some articles about this issue. People said if I replaced the fan then the noises will be gone and I will not face any issues.

But is that not the exact same situation you are in right now?