Would SpaceX make Net Neutrality Obsolete?

Related:
Senate voted on the Net Neutrality religion

Will Space X make NN obsolete, Nope. Vector Space will do most of the launches IMHO.
Will 5G and 6G make NN obsolete…Absolutely :slight_smile:

I love the quote at the end where Kerpen says that the oppositions goal is “to get rid of the media capitalists in the phone and cable companies and to divest them from control.”

Really doesn’t sound like a bad thing from where I stand, bastards making pay more for the connection I already paid for.

Also fuck wireless for a static position connection.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter as it won’t pass the house.

Given 5Gs range constraints it isn’t likely to replace home ISPs.

1 Like

The idea is not to get rid of the ISP’s. The goal is to get them competing with each other, fighting each other for every customer. Just like they did when I choose Earthlink because the got high marks in PC Mag.

Right now If you live in house X you must use ISP Y because ISP Z is prohibited by law to lay cable and compete with Y.

I have yet to hear NN proponents describe why they like the Communications act of 1934 and why Internet must be brought under it. This act made sure the entire country had 3 big networks, ABC NBC and CBS.

The cable will still be an option, it will be another option along with dial up and DSL. 5G and 6G will drive them to be competitive of sell the lines. I have a 4K TV on DSL and I game on it. If I waited a few months for Battlefront to hit 20 bucks I can wait a week for it to download :slight_smile: The 4k tv makes 720 look better

Google is evil. Facebook works with the former Stasi to smash free speech in the EU. They support NN
They also support the wave of massive censorship we see today.

If it can’t replace your ISP, it isn’t competing with your ISP.

ISPs need to be treated under title II to enforce net neutrality for one simple reason. The FCC tried to regulate their behavior without title II, but Verizon sued them and won. The judge ruled that the FCC couldn’t regulate without title II, but also noted the FCC has the authority to classify them as title II. So that’s why-- without title II, the FCC has zero authority to regulate ISPs.

Like I was saying earlier, duplicating work on this scale is a massive waste of people’s time, actual terrestrial resources, and money. Wouldn’t it be easier and more efficient to do something like, having a proper legal mandate and classification so fiber networks can be completed, sued and company disbanded should they not comply, and a cap on the ratio they can profit from so everyone can get internet coverage properly?

I know that last bit isn’t going to happen, but at least we’re not throwing away already perfectly good networks.

1 Like

This is what i wish we could drill into the heads of the FCC commissioners and members of Congress.

1 Like

I don’t mean to bump this thread, but I just found this randomly.