Working From Home brings setup challenges, unique USB-C (x2) KVM search

So I’ve been working from home for the past few weeks with a Dell Precision 5500 and I have a personal laptop that also has USB-C… instead of unplugging the single USB-C cable from a given dock and plugging it into the other laptop to “switch” over, I’d like to be able to have them both hooked up and swap via a button or something less jarring for the hardware.

Yes, yes, I know about the Level1 KVM, and yes it looks fantastic, but it seems to only push out to one DP…

I’ve searched high and low for a USB-C (x2) KVM that can take in two host machine’s USB-C thunderbolt cables and swap between the two laptops, AND drive more than one display. Most docks/hubs/KVMs all cater to the single laptop to multiple displays market and I guess no one is asking for this… but still a man can dream!

Have I just missed it or does this magical device not yet exist?

Thanks for your help in my search.

Two TB docks and a KVM (you will want power for each laptop even when not active so kinda would need that set up anyway)

2 Likes

Thanks, thats what I thought :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.