Wordpress Webmaster problem

I am new to wordpress but I am doing a site and it's not being indexed by google for example.

Downloaded HTTP response:

​ Googlebot type: Desktop (render requested)
Redirected on Monday, April 10, 2017 at 8:02:50 PM PDT

1HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
2Expires: Wed, 11 Jan 1984 05:00:00 GMT
3Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0
4Pragma: no-cache
5Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
6X-Port: port_10836
7X-Cacheable: YES:Forced
8Location:
9X-Backend: all_requests
10Content-Length: 0
11Accept-Ranges: bytes
12Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 03:02:50 GMT
13Age: 24552
14Vary: User-Agent
15X-Cache: cached
16X-Cache-Hit: HIT

There was an SSL added and removed today due to an api conflict. The site is only two days old.. so I'm not sure if I need to do something or it just takes time.

whats in the <meta> tags? Those are most important when you want google to properly index your site.

Also, since your running wordpress, you should get the Wordfence security plugin. Top notch for keeping your site safe.

Well I had followed the directions of Yoast to get the meta tags from the consoles of Google, Bing, and one other. I actually have wordfence but it was deactivated for troubleshooting. Beyond simply copy and pasting the tags that were supplied by each webmaster console, I barely have an idea how to check anything.

or it just takes time.

This is the usual answer, regardless of platform. It takes a while for a site to be indexed by google and other search engines. As long as you've built everything to modern standards, included meta tags, alt text, etc so it's easily readable by their crawlers, then you should be fine. If you have a client who is antsy about it, tell them to check back in a week or so before looking into it much further; 90% of the time it's just a time thing.

If anyone ever has this problem, the solution for me was to remove the www and resubmit to the webmaster consoles and it fetched and rendered immediately. I don't know if it was the ssl issue or not but happy to learn new things.. Thanks for the help though =)

1 Like