Wondering how long my soon to be gaming rig will last

I was just offering the E3 1245 V2 as an ivy bridge option without intergrated because OP was considering both and I didn't know what the haswel part was called.

Not in performance just you lack integrated graphics and you can't overclock

Yeah 900$ with HDD, Ram, CD Drive, And PSU Being recycled (PSU isent really recycled, it is new, still in the box, but i already have it)

Oh yeah i live in america aswell

Well you see im not set on not overclocking. Its just i dont know if it is something i should look into doing or not. If it is something worth looking into and could increase the life span of the CPU for gaming i will gladly pay the 10-15$ more for the "k" processor.

• CPU (get first promo code for 20$ off ends 31st, if you miss it you can combo with FFXVI for free)
  • MoBo (great reviews and features you'd see on high end asus mobos, like 12 power phases, dedicated audio)
  • GPU
  • Heatsink
  • Case
  • Fans

if you want to do water I'd get this kit, water isn't as scary or hard as you think, brennenriddle can help you out with it, its super easy

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/20926/ex-wat-266/XSPC_Raystorm_750_EX280_Extreme_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_New_Rev_4_Pump_Included_w_Free_Dead-Water.html?tl=g30c83s137

off topic do you happen to know when the next season of railgun or index is coming out?

I personally think that cpu's are becoming more futureproof because..  Intel is more and more focusing on the mobile market which means that the performance of current processors will last longer. Intel focuses a lot more on energy consumption than 10 years ago. 

Gpu's are always less futureproof.. the 4870 (best graphics card of 2008?) is now at most a low end card comparable to the 7750. 

I know GPU's are less futureproof. I just want to make sure i get the most futureproof CPU because a GPU is a less costly upgrade than buying a new CPU/Mobo/OS

I want to know if hyperthreading will provide a benifit in future games optimized for more than 4 cores

I want to know if overclocking will provide any significant longevity to my CPU gaming performance wise

I dont know if i am even going to overclock and if i am im definitely not going to be doing it right off the bat. And when/if i do i want to stick with air cooling.

Also there is no OS included in that, granted including the OS brings it up to around 950$, thats kind of pushing my budget. There might be a chance i get a extra 50$ but they are very slim.

Are extra case fans necessary? or atleast off the start? I could get extra fans later on.

I dont really know. Last episode of Railgun S ended like a month ago. Looking at history though Index first season ran from  October '08-March '09, then the first Railgun season ran from October '09-March '10, so on and so forth. Index Season 2 ran October '10 to April '11. Was pretty predictable up to that point than it wasent 2 years later April of this year Railgun season 2 started and ended in september. My guess with the lengths of the seasons and time inbetween would be index season 3 would start March or April of next year but they could wait some unknown amount of time like Railgun S did.

TL;DR No offical word, hopefully march-april of next year, possibly years.

not really, the fans are just there to fill up budget because I didn't know you needed a new OS, you said you currently have one, you do know you can reuse it right

and if you're not going to overclock then you can ditch the heatsink and case and get a xigmatek Gaia and NZXT source 210

the only reason they NEED optimizatioin for 8 cores is because AMD's cores are weaker thus only as good or better when ALL 8 are in use, see AMDs CPUs only have half as many FPUs per core as Intel does and intel has better instruction sets and memory controllers, that being said, AMD chips are way cheaper

your budget is high enough for intel so I'd go with them

I can reuse a OEM copy of Windows 8 even though it would be going through a mobo change? also take into account that this desktop im currently using was bought in-store so i have no disk/product key.

I guess the stated budget was kind of deceiving because i also plan on buying BF4 and i need to fit that into the budget (though im buying these parts on black friday/cyber monday and i am going to be buying the game then since i know of one place that is going to have the game for 30$ then)

• CPU (get first promo code for 20$ off ends 31st, if you miss it you can combo with FFXVI for free)
  • MoBo
  • GPU
  • Heatsink
  • Case
  • OS

with the promo code it comes to $814.94 though I own a Corsair carbide 300R and it is NICE and will fit in the budget if you use the promo

But would this optimization put a 8350 ahead of a i5 4670k since the benchmarks i have seen of games that are only built for 4 cores or less the 8350 comes decently close even with weaker core to core performance 

it won't oblitorate it that's for certain, and games that are "optimized for 8 cores don't max out all 8 cores, rarely above 50% usage usually some of them are like 25%, just because its 8 core optimized doesn't mean it NEEDs 8 cores.

also its nice to have a more versitile CPU say you want to play some PS2 or Gamecube games, yeah try that on a AMD CPU

What is the difference between the 300R and the 302 that i listed in the OP? they are about the same price.

Also in a worse case senerio and my budget was cut back by a slight amount how much would it hurt me, per say if i had to cut out the hyper 212 and use the stock heatsink for a month or so?

same price and vastly Superior cooling and its cable management is pretty decent too, also its sexy as hell

I had mine painted by phantom

https://teksyndicate.com/users/phantom/blog/2013/09/03/nestalgia

Meh i honestly think it looks more plain than the 302, though i couldent give 2 less shits about the looks of the case, As long as it "performs" good then im happy.

Also what about that senerio i layed out in my last post?

oh forgot to answer that, yeah you'll be fine

Ok.

Also since i plan on buying this during black friday / cyber monday (since i will get getting 200$ towards the budget sometime next month which will definitely put me somewhere in the 800$ range). If you have ever bought parts during those sales what kind of numbers should i expect?