With or Without fan shroud?

Good morning everyone, I was blessed with a pretty sick score this weekend, an HP dl380 gen 8 with dual cpus 48gb memory and 4 2TB HDDs. I want to drop this little rx550 Low profile in and it fits as you can see, but the clearance for thor’s fans is tight. I was thinking about removing the fan shroud and running just the heat sink, since I am sure the servers fans can deal with that heat. Any thoughts?

I’d say give it a go. You’re probably going to be fine, since the fin stack will align with the chassis fan direction. Try it, monitor temps, run a benchmark and if it stays under 75° on full load your golden, 85° you’re silver and 95° i’d pull the plug and try it with shroud.

1 Like

That is a good idea, I think I. Addition I will run some benchmarks with it on and then proceed to your steps👍 thanks

i’ve been known to take gorilla tape and aluminum tape and nice GOOD blower fan and make it in to a blower like i did for my nvidia GRID cards

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.