Wiring up my house

I was talking to a friend and they suggested putting stuff under the floorboards. If they can be lifted easily enough then it saves a lot of hassle for low voltage stuff.

Ya but pulling trim boards and cutting slot in backside of trim for wire to set in is good too
Any technique used still means decent size chore to complete
Goodluck with whatever way you go

ಠ_ಠ

I am disappointed…

If you have roof access just dill holes and run string down every wall needed. Mark it on your house plan etc and if you ever need it you fish out the string and pull cables up the wall into the roof.
Depending on how the house is built.

Don’t forget provisions for the access points (cat6) on the roof. I forgot to do those.

If only UK houses were built that way. Unfortunately not though.

I’m going to pay people to do the work, I’m not doing it myself, so I’m more interested in doing it right and future-proof than in how much of a pain in the arse it is.

1 Like

Unless you’re a fiber tech who gets supplies for next to free. :slight_smile:

1 Like

CAT 6A to each location if you have to pay someone to do the work. It’s unlikely you’ll need CAT 7 for awhile but it depends on your future plans. I terminate Fiber for a living and can attest that supplies aren’t cheap. Also, finding out what is acceptable in your area might be easiest asking local Low-voltage Techs (or whatever their title is in your country). When in Europe things tended to be hidden in the walls, when in Thailand all wires were “glued” to the wall or run in raceways clearly displaying where they went. In the USA we almost always hide all cables inside out walls/ceilings. Did you finish having things wired up or are you still working through this?