Windows Update has become mentally challenged

Is that KB3020369 Convenience rollup update dependency a separate update from KB3020369 , or is that just the nomenclature Microsoft is giving to the KB3020369 update? Because I have manually downloaded it. I was expecting something big. But it's only 4.0MBs. Do I have the right one? Sometimes, even after ending the Windows Update process after it gets stuck, I still have no choice but to restart my PC in order for it to actually work. It just keeps looping forever. And Windows Update is not notifying me that there are updates ready to be INSTALLED, not downloaded. Randomly, I just found that it was installing updates after giving this a try again. Some really funky stuff going on. The Windows Logo upon startup didn't have text below saying "Windows" it had some sort of registry code showing. And it is saying "Configuring Updates" on both shutdown and sometimes on startup. WTF is this? But the Windows text was normal after the first time. It's fine.

EDIT: ok. I already have KB3020369 according to Windows. Just installed Windows Update Agent. Haven't run Windows Update again, but it's looking dismal. Because I just tried looking for new drivers for my Printer. And it actually managed to get to "Downloading Driver Software", but it's just not downloading. UUUUUUUUUGHHHH! AND I can't stop close/cancel it. I have to close it through Task Manager. I love it when things just refuse to work.

Oh yeah. And another thing I forgot to mention. Whenever I start up my PC again, and things have settled. Windows Update notifies me that there are updates ready to be installed. I can tick off or check on the ones I want/don't want. But it just won't initialize the installation process. It's behaving just like Windows Update when it is downloading. It just hangs forever. And I look over on my C: drive. And SoftwareDistribution has grown to be over 5GBs... yet it's saying there are motherfucking 1075MBs of updates.

WHAT!? HUH? WHA!?

UPDATE: Alright. I've installed the SP1 Convenience rollup after saying "screw it" to spare myself the ongoing headache. However, I still think Windows Update is funky. I went ahead and deleted everything from the software distro folder. And it's not showing half the amount of updates necessary. Or maybe that's because of the Rollup update? Not sure.