Windows update error

I recently re-installed windows7 64bit and the windows update won't install the new updates and I keep getting error code 8024D00A, but everthing I've tried googling hasn't really helped.

Anyone know of a way I can fix this? It says I don't even have SP1 installed. Thanks a ton in advance if you can help, this has been driving me crazy for the past three days :/

First you may find this link useful.

This sounds like to me you may not have downloaded something correctly which happens sometimes.

So we will need to clear out the content and try again. To do this copy and pass this into your file explorer:

%windir%\SoftwareDistribution\Download

Delete everything in this folder, don't delete the folder itself. Restart your computer, and then try reinstalling the updates. You may have to try to download updates a few times, lather and repeat method.

Sorry for the late reply

I copied in the path you mentioned and deleted everything in the folder, and left the download folder intact, restarted, but I'm still getting the same error code 8024D00A and my update history just says failed to install Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.320 a bunch of times.

hmm. I think that your the disk you reinstalled windows from may be bad. That or the downloaded iso you burned to it has gone bad. If its missing an agent file like that, then its missing something, and since it was from a clean install, that mean the installation was bad.

Just google them, either is fine. So yeah, just redownload windows and try again.

Not had my morning coffee (or tea) yet, so forgive my lazyness. I had a quick google and found this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/cannot-install-windows-update-error-8024d00a/04c192e9-75ec-48c3-abaa-818ea25f1c5b

Hi, sorry for the late reply again. Nothing has really helped and I seem to be at the same dead end I was a few days ago. The SSD I have windows installed on is practically brand new, so I'm willing to bet it was my copy of the windows iso on my flashdrive. It could be the SSD but I guess I'm going to find a new win7 iso and re-install everything for a third time lol. Any advice?

Have you tried to run "SFC /scannow" in an elevated command prompt?

I have not

Is the time and date correct?

On my system? Yeah, the time and date are correct