Windows server and steam in home streaming help

hello I’m having issues with in home streaming where it displays a black screen then closes.

it works fin if a log in to the server through with the screen thats attached to the server but if i use remote desktop after i disconnect it displays black and disconnects

What display mode are you running these games in? Full screen, window or Borderless?

Whats the hardware setup of your server and what version of Windows is running on the machine?

Windows Remote desktop (RDP) takes over the display session and doesn’t resume it on the host when it disconnects. If you look at the monitor connected to the server, you’ll find it at the login screen. To get it working again you have to log in on the physical device to start the display session again for inhome streaming to start working again, since inhome streaming relys on an active display session.

My advice is to start using some flavor of VNC, since it doesn’t take over the display session.

IDK if “display session” is the correct term for it, that’s just the best thing I could think of calling it