Windows recognizes 5 displays connected, but only 4 of them receive signal. Why?

I’m upgrading a system for a client that needs 5 monitors. I have tried several solutions, but I’ve only been able to get 4 of the 5 displays to show. The weird thing is that Windows 10 recognizes all 5 displays. When I remote into his computer, I can use all 5 displays as well.

I installed an RX 550 with the latest drivers. I have a Startech MST hub connected(Model# MSTDP123DP). It splits 1 display port into 3. I then have the other two monitors directly connected to the GPU.

Which monitor is not working, one connected to the graphics card directly or one connected to the hub?

Does the hub have a maximum resolution?

What resolution are you trying to run each monitor at? I think you may be maxing out the Display Port 1.4 spec. See here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort search 1.4 on that page.

One of the ones connected to the MST hub. 4 monitors are running at 1600x900, the 5th is 1080p. I have tested with several cable/port configurations. It’s also not a specific monitor, but it is always one that’s connected to the hub.

I’ll have to look up the max resolution real quick