Windows Media Player - WAV Metadata Recognition

I know I recommended MusicBee in another thread, but I tried it last night with an album from Bandcamp and I was able to assign metadata to .wav files. I even tested changing album art and it seemed to work.

No idea about WMP because I don’t use it.

1 Like

I’ll give it a shot for WAV metadata editing album artwork hopefully soon (within a few days).
Thank you for the reminder.
I can’t remember why I didn’t proceed further looking into it though. I think I was busy with some other stuff going on IRL and needed a break, etc…

I hope you’re appreciative of the time people spend replying to you.

2 Likes

That depends entirely on their response.

Why you’ve mentioned that, I don’t know. If you want, feel free to go into detail.

I mean you’re missing the point. You’re asking for help, people are giving you their collective experience and you’ll have to piece it together yourself to get what you want. You asked about wav metadata, and I gave you information with the caveat that wav is an old enough standard not to have complex consumer-oriented metadata; e.g., the way mp3 has id3. don’t like, it pick a different format, otherwise make the most of it, and let us know what you come up with.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your help.

This reminds me the olden days of Napster and before album art was embedded in MP3s.

Used to structure all music in folders and chuck the cover art image in the album folder and hope your music player recognized that configuration.

Then in MP3s, id3v2 implemented artwork and eventually nearly all media players, including car stereos used the standard.

You may be out of luck for cross player/platform compatibility on esoteric formats.

2 Likes