Games runing:
Jamestown
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Games not runing:
Batman Arkham City GOTY
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY
F.E.A.R. 3

2 Likes

Anyone else having trouble getting Civ4 to run with it? Interesting considering civ4 is gold support (or whatever) for regular wine.

It’s my fav civ game, and I prefer it over 5 and 6

I put it in my download queue and I’ll check it in the morning. What exactly does it do?

I wish I could test FFXIV (it already looks okay-ish with DXVK) but the download size is humongous.

Did anyone tested with a DualShock4? Does it works like it should or it is presented as a x360 controller?

Keep in mind, that you have to enable the beta first. You can do that by going to Steam --> Account and enable Beta participation.

Also, for those with separate windows partitions with Steam installed on it, I suggest adding the directory to your Steam Library Folders in the Downloads section.

It’s neat seeing my library of 190 games all appear in Steam. I’m sure a lot of them will not play. But it will be interesting to see which ones do.

My first game is:

Pac-Man Championship Edition

OK, after playing one 10 minute round, the game works flawlessly. The audio works, the game runs at 60fps (it is Pac-Man) and my game controllers work.

The only issue I had is that my linux mint distr o decided to go into sleep mode after 10 minutes because it thought my PC was inactive.

This is the first game I wanted to try, because I could not get it to work properly in Wine. But this works… surprisingly well.

Game 2:

Pac-Man Championship Edition 2

This one works just as well as the first game. Actually it did crash on me once while I was playing through the first tutorial maze. But interestingly enough it never happened again. As I played through the tutorials and first challenge map.

Game 3:

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed

This one gets another pass. I am not running the greatest of hardware here, and I do need to upgrade my PC. But on Windows I can get this title to run at a solid 60fps at 1440p. Not so much here. The game does run at a pretty solid 60fps at 1080p, though. Not too bad.

Game 4:

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

I do not have the Remastered Edition. This is the original. But it does work well enough under Steam. There are a few hic-ups, but nothing bad.

Game 5:

BioShock

This is the original, though I have the remastered too. So far it works, but there seem to be a few minor issues. The game crashed on the first loading screen. But restarting the game over, it did not crash. Managed to play through the introductory stage and a bit of rapture at 1080p and it maintains a pretty good 60fps.

Game 6:

Wolfenstein: The New Order

OK. I’m really impressed with this one. I went through the introductory level, and into the first proper level and the performance is fantastic. The New Order runs on OpenGL, so I have to wonder if the Vulkan to OpenGL wrapper is really well optimized. I think this actually runs better on Mint 19 with a compatibility layer than it does on my Windows partition.

Game 7:

RAGE

No surprise here that the game would run flawlessly. It is an older game than Wolfenstein: The New Order, but it works great. That’s ID Software for you.

Game 8:

Fallout: New Vegas

Yeah, 8 year old title from 2010. But always good to check older classics like this one. Generally, it runs really well. There are a few odd visual artifacts, but I’m not sure if that is just New Vegas being New Vegas or the compatibility layer.

Game 9:

Mortal Kombat 9: Komplete Edition

Works. Though the framerate does like to hover a bit under 60fps on my computer. A few tweaks does fix that issue though. Not bad overall.

Game 10:

Sonic Mania

Figured I would give a 2D platformer a try, and Sonic Mania has worked flawlessly for me. This one is impressive because I could not get it to work on Wine.

Game 11:

Sonic CD

This is a port of one of the 16bit Sonic games that was ported by the main programmer of Sonic Mania. I figured that this one would work as well, but it crashes on me at launch.

That about does it for me for now. I honestly have to install more games later and try some of them out.

That’s the problem, it’s doing nothing.

First off, 2 versions appear in steam for BTS - One is 200mb, another is 2.5gb.

One of them gives an error saying .app is missing, the other does nothing except spams other steam accounts with ‘Radio is now playing Civilization Iv Beyond the Sword’, but doesn’t do anything beyond that. It doesn’t launch.

Some initial testing with a few games. I have a Ryzen 7 1700 with an RX 580 running Fedora 28 and the amdgpu open source driver.

Dishonored 1: Graphics are fine, but keyboard controls frequently become stuck or unresponsive. Xbox 360 controller seems to work better, but I suck with a gamepad. EDIT: Once I disabled Synergy the keyboard controls worked fine.

Final Fantasy X/X2 Remaster: Installer locked up (I suspect .NET was the issue.)

Metro 2033: Graphics are fine in DX9 mode, in DX11 mode the game won’t even start. Audio is a mess, though you can play with subtitles on.

It’s possible Synergy caused the DIshonored control problem, so I’ll have to try with it disabled again tomorrow.

Games I’ve tested and are flawless:

Games I’ve tested and are flawed:

• Mass Effect
    • Audio is broken, works in the loading screens, but not in menus, cutscenes or in-game.

Games that straight up don’t work:

I’ll be monitoring this thread and updating it as I test things.

@anon97550313, would you like to make a list of “working” “semi-working” and “broken” in your OP? I think it would be nice to keep that up to date. (I’d be happy to help you with the list maintenance if you’d like)

I’m starting on some “heavy lifting” for ya, I’ll be testing Project Cars, Far Cry 3, Empyrion Galactic Survival, Oblivion, Borderlands The Solus Project (playing solus on solus, kek) and a few others.

If anyone has any requests for games tested, this is my games list:

3 Likes

AyyMD FX cpus have black textures and its completely normal feature, no idea hows Ryzen

In Windows, it’s fine. I didn’t experience it in Linux, but I didn’t really test it that extensively because once I realized the audio wasn’t going to work, I decided to give the game a pass for the time being.

Same deal, it’s also missing the ancient instruction set that game relies on. Easily patchable.

Are you running the steam version?

I’ve never encountered this issue.

/rabbit hole

Doom crashes for me, not sure how to debug.
Edit:
Might be because I’m running it from one of my NTFS formatted HDDs as my Linux SSD is tiny.
Edit2:
Apparently my files are corrupted, on verifying game files it restarted downloading the game.

Edit3:
Mesa 18.2.0 is required as per https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/blob/proton_3.7/PREREQS.md for DOOM(2016) and some others.
The padoka stable repo for AMD has 18.1.6.

Edit4:
Ah they recommend unstable padoka ppa, I shall switch!

Edit5:
Unstable padoka PPA broke my desktop (only started empty desktop), I have gone back to stable padoka for now.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy runs briefly… then just crashes past the splash screen. It’s long enough for me to get a peek at the DXVK version though… It’s DXVK version 0.64-58-g6a5ad8b, (Release version 0.65 with one extra commit) which is maintained on Valve’s own DXVK repository. The crash is likely due to this being based off of Wine 3.7, since Wine Staging Esync 3.14 is completely fine.

Subnautica and all Unity games with OpenGL rendering options run fine, but will crash on exit, as is normal for these games, regardless of Wine or Native Windows.

BTW, here’s the Valve DXVK repository:

(that’s the branch in use by Proton 3.7. master is more up to date.)

And the Valve Wine repository:

Also, prepare to be a little shocked as Proton 3.7 creates ONE PREFIX PER GAME. Each time you install a new game, it makes a fresh prefix.

Inside steamapps/common/Proton 3.7/dist/lib/wine/dxvk, you’ll also find that the DXVK dlls from Valve are 50-70MB each. Vanilla DXVK is 2MB tops.

1 Like

There a full wiki page already:

That is one ungodly page to edit… Good luck sorting it… I still prefer a editable Google Doc.

1 Like

They copypastaed this Google Doc…

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DcZZQ4HL_Ol969UbXJmFG8TzOHNnHoj8Q1f8DIFe8-8/edit

1 Like

Quantum Conundrum has issues with lighting on my machine

Although it seems to work for another person https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DcZZQ4HL_Ol969UbXJmFG8TzOHNnHoj8Q1f8DIFe8-8/edit#gid=0&range=A102

I am running xubuntu 18.04 64 bit with nvidia-390 and a GTX 760.