Hi there, I was running windows 7 on my system for about 3 or 4 months, I also had my cpu overclocked (had sufficient cooling thing with my h100). Recently my computer started blue screening randomly, then it eventually just started blue screening as I booted up windows, unless I put it in safe mode. I then installed windows 8 onto my ssd and it worked fine for a few hours, as I was installing my video card drivers, the system started to blue screen again, first randomly then eventually every time I booted up (the error it was giving me was WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR). I then tried to re-install windows again but now I am blue screening as I boot from the cd/usb windows drive (both windows 7 and 8).
- I reset my mobo's cmos and reset all my overclocks.
- I ran memtest 86 and it completed the test with no problems. (also recognized my cpu if that means anything).
- I tried running the boot ssd on my laptop and it booted up fine (even tried re-installing from laptop).
- I tried updating my mobo's bios (which works perfectly), and also checked for an ssd firmware update (there was none).
- I checked all my cabling and everything seems to be intact and functioning properly.
- I also checked my gpu and if I run with only my onboard graphics, the problems still occur.
All of this and and I still bluescreen on windows startup disk/windows launch immediately causes a blue screen. I currently think this is a problem with my motherboard, but I could be completely wrong. What else could I do to fix this? Also if you could help me narrow down the problem to a specific component that would be helpful as well.
Any help would be much appreciated <4