Windows 9 to be called Windows 10

So pretty much any Windows user knows that Microsoft tends to release a good OS (Windows 7) and then a bad OS (Windows 8).

So with this in mind it can be said that Windows 9 could possibly be the next good OS, but the problem is they are skipping calling it Windows 9 and calling it Windows 10 now.

So are they basically saying that this new OS is going to suck? Come on Microsoft! Enough with the bad ones!

As far as my experience with windows 8 goes, its been fine. But the naming scheme is a bit strange, I'm not sure what they are going for with that.

Anyway, my silly 2 cents.

Windows XP = Good

Vista = OMG GET IT AWAY FROM ME.

7 = Good

8/8.1 = You tried.

9 = Good..... oh wait. You're skipping it.

10 = Just burn it with fire.

Oh well, time will tell. Going to get my hands on the preview that is apparently releasing later today.

Microsoft Windows OS X 10.0 Cupertino Envy (build 9001)

next they will start offering free upgrades, just you wait

Look by skipping the term windows 9, and going straight to windows 10 they are clearly signalling that it is horendous, therebye lowering expectations so that when it comes and as is completely rubish people will say, well it wasn't much worse than I was expecting.

But in all seriousness, probably some stupid marketing trick like skipping the 8xx GTX series, to make people feel extra outdated.  How can it not be so much better, is a much larger number! Also IMHO people should be a pissed to be the so called beta testers for windows 9, especially if they brought windows 8. 

Microsoft Windows OS X 10.0 Cupertino Envy (build 9001)

next they will start offering free upgrades, just you wait

http://bgr.com/2014/09/28/windows-9-upgrade-free-download/

it is shaping up to be both easier to use out-of-the-box than Win8/.1 but also more intrusive and more chock full of useless junk with deeper crapification integration. 

I will make like business and hang on to Win7 for two decades, while running Linux for anything important.

Yeah, it's a marketing trick to make you feel outdated. "OMG! I'm using Win 8 when Win 10 is available?!"

It matters for Windows as it is an OS you pay for directly. You don't have these naming/numbering conventions with Linux or even with Mac OSX.