Windows "9" ... Have you played around with it?

This is probably in the top five useless videos that Linus has made.

2 Likes

Linux FTW!

Where was the Linus video?

It's in the OP.

1 Like

Ohhhh. I see it, lol. It's been a while since I read the OP.

There is a linux steam version of civ v and civ vi now if your brother doesnt know. Play a lot of Civ V myself.

1 Like

He doesn't game anymore, the last Civilization he played was Civ III.
Thanks for the info, though.

I have not tried ReactOS, but I do have it on my to-do list. Not as a daily driver but as a utility for running old Windows software - as Goalkeeper mentioned and you found that's what it will do. For now, I guess, it might be extended to support newer stuff in the future. I would not be looking to that for a daily driver even if it did, I'm getting hooked on Linux...

OpenSUSE KDE Plasma indeed looks amazing, if one has vast amounts of screen space and resources, at least compared to what I'm running on for now. I do have OpenSUSE XFCE installed on one machine and will try OpenSUSE with Openbox for my main system soon. I wish you luck, and I wish to read what you find!

1 Like

That could have been Denuvo being a pos.

I haven't tried it , but his results seems so similar it really doesn't look like it's worth trying.

my school offers this version of windows through msdnaa for free if I wanted.

I watched that Linus video but based on his 'modded' Windows 9's performance and missing features I didn't feel it was worth setting up a new OS installation for. I'll stick to my Windows 8.1 as my daily driver.

USAGE REPORT

Well after some time I tested the OpenSuse and Windows 10 LTSB N.
I liked the OpenSuse, but the Windows 10 LTSB ... not so much.
I still have driver issues with Wireless (Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205). It just keeps losing connection and giving me huge lag spikes. The hybrid control panel is terrible, bugs wherever I turn, it just annoyed me to the point of wiping it completely off my drive. Rejoined the Windows7MasterRace.

As far as OpenSuse goes.. hmm well its ok, except the weird graphical anomalies I'm getting with text resolution and scaling :smiley: But I like it, its fine.

3 Likes