Windows "9" ... Have you played around with it?

Watch the VIDEO :)

Do you know why Windows 9 has never been a thing?
Because of Germany, i mean how would you put marketing on Windows Nine, Nein, Neun?

lol.

But jokes asside Windows 8.1 industry pro does look very interesting to me.

2 Likes

Windows? NEIN!!!9!

Just those 2, my bad for saying it in a way that could be misunderstood. Ok I'll try to clarify :D

1) Too much hasle - For linux to be practical it needs to be more mouse oriented.By that I mean we need more installers, and less terminal installing. Sure all of us here like the power terminal gives us, but not everyone who tries linux knows or wants to hastle with learning to use it.

2) It's an unorganized, unlogical and chaotic mess - I don't think I saw a single good linux file explorer. But that is actually mostly due to OS, and not the file explorer.. everything in it is so... unorganized. What do I mean? There is no simple device overview such as this:

There is no simple disk folder structure like this:

I mean I open up my HDD drive on linux it has like 1 million unsorted folders, and I have no clue what is where. Its unlogical in naming and folder structure. Thats my point. As a matter of fact that, for me, is the main issue of every linux I've used so far.

As far as Windows 10 goes: For the laptop I'm using (Dell Latitude E5430) the drivers are terrible, and I have a major issue with headphone pluging in whenever I'm on youtube or playing Starcraft or Skyrim... And don't even get me started on the whole telemtry fiasco :D I did try to use it multiple times since its first builds, to the latest one, and it still isn't fixed. So I'm staying faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from that OS. :D

Well damn it. I plowed through every single menu of Microsoft Imagine, and for the life of me I can't find the Windows 10 LTSB N. Not even the usual LTSB. Where are you hidding it Microshaft !?

Windows 9 won't support dx12.

But Linus version of it is based on winfoez 10 ( windows 9.5) so it does support it

I really liked Win7. I tried Linux several times but never saw a reason to stick with it. After taking the 1 year challenge my perception has completely changed. I despise using WIndoes. I suppose it's a matter of preference because I find Linux more organized. Though I couldn't agree more on the dumbshit methods to install some software. Hopefully a package format is standardized and the war will be over and Zion saved.

1 Like

Windows10 LTSB-N unfortunatlly still have the active keyloggers pressent.
But one of them isnt allways enabled by default.
Unfortunatlly nobody seem to have done a more deeply analytics on data tracking in LTSB-N.
But thats most likely because you cannot get it as a normal home user.

2 Likes

Well I decided I will take the bait, and go for Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro.. At the moment I don't have the time to install it and try it out, but I will try to do that in the next couple of days. I will post my opinion here, after a few days of usage.

As far as Win 10 LTSB goes I couldn't find anything, so I'm for now ditching the whole idea. If someone does try it out, let us know how is the expirience. :)

1 Like
2 Likes

It was so it wouldn't cause a conflict with applications.

If you try to run an application, it might see the windows number and say "so you're running Windows 9? I'm sorry, we don't support that old ass dos based Windows 9x family"

MS should have started from scratch.
Maybe one day they can. Then we can go back and have 9.

1 Like

Man I hate you, made reread the rules for finer context. Talking about I'm fine, any form of knowledge that can be passed to show you how to get the files is a no-no.

Results is a success.

right.... and when you first used windows you understood exactly what the folders Intel, Program Files, Program Files (x86), Python27, Users, and Windows was for. It just sounds like your unwilling to put in the effort to learn what the folder structure on linux is. Linux FS will never be structured like windows FS. nor will you ever see silly drive letters. get over it. open you mind, view the world in a new way, and learn something new.

3 Likes

MSDN subscriber and partner downloads.

1 Like

Yes that was the original reason why MS decided to skip 9.

I understand where he's coming from. If Microsoft isn't so intent on continuing their spying directive, I wouldn't even be bothering with Linux. Not because it's "worse" than Windows but because it's just different. For what I use my computer, I'd gain absolutely nothing by switching. Taking the time to learn all that new stuff wouldn't make sense.

But I know Linux is the future.

Oh no.
What have I done.
:)

Wait, it's not allowed to share links even via PM?
Now you're making me go and study the rules...
Btw, good job! I've tried a Russian torrenting site to get a good Win 7 version but no luck. I did manage to find a lot of infected torrents (not related to Win 7, but some obscure music mostly).

1 Like

I didn't torrent.

Oh... Okay then.
I just... assumed.
Cursed assumptions, foiled again.

I agree with you completely. For me the OS is all about the practicality. For my day to day use Linux at this point is simply not practical.