Windows 7 in Six Flavors

windows_sevenIn case you haven't heard, Windows 7 will ship in six confusingly different versions. Windows Vista was available in these versions: Home Basic, Home Premium, and Ultimate.

They decided to confuse the hell out of the customers and produce six different versions of Windows 7. Some that make no sense to me at all! Here they are:

• Windows 7 Starter - This is a new flavor... It is only OEM, there is no Aero interface, and you are only allowed to run three programs at the same time (why?)

• Windows 7 Home Basic - Similar to Vista Home Basic, no Aero or Multitouch

• Windows 7 Home Premium - Has Aero and Media Center, and Multitouch

• Windows 7 Professional - Gives you presentation mode, remote desktop, and domain joining

• Windows 7 Enterprise - Gives you DirectAccess and BitLocker

• #000000; font-family: 'times new roman'; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px;">Windows 7 Ultimate -Â All features?

I personally think there should be two versions: Hope Basic and Ultimate. Everything else just seems cripled in a way. Let me know what you think.

i agree with the two versions idea, the one for people that know how to use a computer, and the one for the ppl that serf the web.

but 6 versions means more money

lol only 3 programs at once what a waste, but 6 versions why? All they need is a Basic, Premium and a Ultimate in 32 and 64bit versions, they should just make 64bit though.

i always get the ultimate/pro versions :P (64bit)

AAHHH!!! Windows is so gay with this nonsense.. They need it to be 64-bit only and only have 1 version and that is Ultimate... maybe a second one for business but this is so stupid AHH!!! and they should just call it "Windows 7" then the business one "Windows 7 Business"

The starter sounds like epic fail. I'd rather use Ubuntu than the Starter.

snarlingchicken wrote 23 minutes ago »

The starter sounds like epic fail. I'd rather use Ubuntu than the Starter.

hell yes... and let's hope that people are given that option by the system builders...

and then let's hope that they are smart enough to try linux.

Wow... Microsoft just screwed up

wow that's some bullshit. how about better sources?

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2340311,00.asp

"Microsoft will only sell Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 7 Professional at retail, in a bid to eliminate some of the confusion caused by a plethora of Windows Vista versions."

windows 7 can suck my big hairy nut sack not only is there so many versions. i probaly wont be able to afford any of them

laidt0rest wrote 2 hours ago »

i always get the ultimate/pro versions :P (64bit)

YES me to to there is no resion to buy any other versions and 32BIT sucks but you do need Two versions way can they not just do what they did with XP A home and a pro version simple and understandable for the consumer way dose Microsoft do these things.

centreti wrote 2 hours ago »

wow that's some bullshit. how about better sources?

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2340311,00.asp

"Microsoft will only sell Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 7 Professional at retail, in a bid to eliminate some of the confusion caused by a plethora of Windows Vista versions."

good post... might have to update the article to specify that not all versions will be in stores...

still... there are too mane versions of the OS!

Lol I'd settle for just one shrunk down version that works with everything, we don't need all this crap they pre-install considering at some point down the line we normally get rid of it and never touch it again, or use better programs to do what we want to do. There is really no point to these six different versions. I think there should only be one.

There should be 3 versions. Home Basic, Business(which should be Pro and Enterprise mixed), and Ultimate.

Home basic, business and ultimate. Thats what we need imo

why can't people see that it's windows vista with a new look ? it even has the same features as vista,but it doesn't matter anyway i am going to download it from a torrent like i always do

I agree 3 versions is enough

There should be 3 versions

1 = For people not so good with computers ie. basic

2 = For Buisnesses

3 = Ultimate.

That would suit win7.. but hey atleast were getting a good os? right?

lol

EDIT:

I just saw that green said the same thing :D

Smart people think alike xD

I have a good idea:

Linux.

wolfdale wrote 1 hour ago »

why can't people see that it's windows vista with a new look ? it even has the same features as vista,but it doesn't matter anyway i am going to download it from a torrent like i always do

lol noob.

Windows 7 runs 9000 times faster and lighter,