Windows 7 finally dead

thats it, im gonna commit as many crimes as possible from the safety of my thinkpad running windows 7 professional. try catching me now, im using peer to peer over tor :^)

1 Like

Ok so lets strip the security system from 10 and backport it. If you can take stuff like the driver system out of xp and plonk it right into 2000, there has to be a way to do 7 right?

1 Like

Sure maybe, I mean it is technically possible… They did release a very specific version of DX12 for WoW on 7.

But who is gonna pay for that time and effort? It is an ever shrinking pool never to embiggen itself with new users again.

He said, even though theres a psycho out there running win2k and gpu’s from 2014, still.

I’m not saying it will be popular, but some psychopath will make it happen.

1 Like

whats sad is that windows 7 is finally dead :sob:

1 Like

what are these forgotten and abandoned souls going to do?

this is so sad

1 Like

thats right, 1 in 3 gamers now suffer from microsoft abandonment syndrome
donate to my paypal and together we can make a difference

1 Like

I’m going to miss 7 to some extent. Had a lot of good memories using it. I ran the beta for a while before it was officially released, even.

Out of curiosity, is there a way to do a final service pack for it? I want to keep a machine running 7 off network, and it’d be nice to have it up to date all the way to EOL.

1 Like

try grabbing all the updates with WSUS offline update

2 Likes

http://download.wsusoffline.net/

2 Likes

Im going to miss it :frowning:

im not ready to delete my iso quite yet

Just because it won’t get updates from the company anymore doesn’t mean its dead.

;3

1 Like

dead, just not in the ground and decomposed

If theres crazy people like me working on OSX 10.5.8 theres people working on 7 rn

1 Like

tbh it is very interesting seeing an OS hit the wall with such a high usershare. im interested to see what happens next.

I have a pre SP1 Windows 7 ISO on a disc somewhere, I’ll save it for a museum piece.

Make an iso for me. I like collecting trash. I’ll put it next to my backtrack 5r2 iso.

2 Likes

The last of Microsoft’s Operating systems that were designed to function (at least to some degree), the way people actually want.

Such a sad time…

Eulogy for the greatest Windows…:

Microsoft should have built on this platform and improved upon it; it’s beautiful interface, the core OS’s client design which was not so compatible with everything such that it is a complete security farce, not (at least to my knowledge) part of Skynet, and implemented with almost completely segregated services which no one would dispute is a desirable property of any operating system.

Woe is the original Microsoft loving community. The legacy of crushing despair of windows 8.1 and 10 are all that remains, friends. :frowning:

All that’s left for us to do is flood Microsoft with complaints about everything Windows 7 does right, and everything detestable about later versions of Windows, not the least of which is that Windows 8+ are nothing but gigantic spyware’s masquerading as operating systems. Complaining to these people, continuously, is really the only way they’ll ever get the message.

Lots of love,

Lover of core Microsoft Products

2 Likes

An uptick in forum users lol