Windows 10 update slowing my browser

I've searched of course before coming here for a fix, but google is pulling up old and erroneous solutions. Your help would be most appreciated.

Solved-TL;DR Turn off the Windows Defender firewall. Also below is a way to stop Windows update at admin level

here is the only fix i know of (must be using windows 10 pro or better)
1. open group policy editor (gpedit.msc)
2. on the left pane, under computer configuration, expand administrative templates
3. next click on windows components in the right pane
4. click on windows update in the right pane
5. double click on Configure Automatic Updates
6. click enabled
7. under "configure automatic updating" click the dropdown arrow and select "2 - Notify for Download and notify for install"
8. click apply then ok . you can close the editor, reboot if you wish.

you can do other things in other areas of the windows update in group policy such as set the detection frequency and so forth.

/*edit*/
bold is added for clarification

That doesn't show up for me.

i should of been more clear:
under local computer policy
administrative templates ...

not under user configuration . ill edit my above post

No. Thank you for the help.

Didn't work.

what that does is force windows to ask if you want to download and install updates.
another possible option is to set your network connection as "metered".
or find a way to throttle windows update, possibly via QOS on a router between you and the internet.
sorry thats all i know. i personally run linux/bsd (freenas,pfsense) on most of my machines. i only knew that due to (in the past) holding a MCSE cert, and pushing the policy on the win10 machines at work.

Can't I just roll back the update? It was working fine before microsoft "fixed" the problem.

yes. (8 char limit)

So I decided to turn off the Windows Defender firewall and it fixed the problem.

Lol who knew? I have Avira already so there isn't much risk considering I didn't have one before the update. It will be nice however (silver lining) to have more control over the update process.

TL;DR Turn off the Windows Defender firewall.

The more I turn off the better it gets.

Would help if you described the problem. @wr250 gave you a solution based on your saying windows update was slowing down your browser. Sounds like that isnt the problem at all.

Oh. Somebody didn't read all the way through.