Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Help

OEM install media only comes with the computer as recovery media (maybe). The only difference from a standard installer is the baked in drivers for that system and bloatware. It’s just a regular Win 10 pro installer that will take the OEM key. Easily made with the media creation tool microsoft offers. In most situations though, I’d rather have your install media with all versions. Only need one flash drive instead of 2.

I will reread. Perhaps I am missing something.

OEM media comes with OEM copies of windows when you buy it. Ask me how I know. Its true you can have drivers “baked” in but no big brand OEM does this with an ISO as they would have to do it unique for every machine. Dell, for example, offers a utility to make a bootable USB which is just a normal OEM copy with their logo and background. No bloatware. The bloatware is applied at the factory when the drive is imaged. You can alternatively download the bloatware separately when you go to the drivers/software section.

My comment about a windows 10 OEM pro only iso is a joke. You cant make one.

See here:

Please stop the misinformation.

I’ve reread your posts and there is no option to roll back to home without a clean install, which in the situation we are talking about would completely defeat the purpose.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/downgrade-from-windows-10-pro-to-home/345f5464-cb7a-44b3-8856-237cbec072c8?auth=1

I am not trying to spread misinformation. I think we just aren’t understanding each other. You are right in saying there is no such thing as an “OEM installer”. Companies do have discs that come with systems that will have reinstall media with their drivers and software on it. I have used them before (reluctantly) and they get you to how the system was out of the box.You can use any Windows 10 Pro or Home install media with a matching OEM key if it hasn’t already been registered to hardware. You can have a universal installer that has all versions of windows on it, selectable during boot. You can also have install media that will only do Windows 10 pro, or home, or pro x86 or home x64. I have a usb key that has x86 and x64 pro versions but nothing else. No option to install home or accept a home key. That’s all I’m saying. I have had personal and professional experience with this as well. Our experiences may differ, and I’m not saying mine is more valid than yours. I’m not trying to annoy or piss you off, so please try to keep it civil.

I listed the generic keys for doing so. I’m not sure the person in the forum knows about this method. I plan on testing this idea for myself.

I would like to see this, in a VM. If I’m wrong then so be it. I’ll admit the mistake.

Same here. I’m sysadmin for a company of about 30 with certs including MCP, I’m not bringing that into this because its irrelevant. Someone with less personal and professional experience could always know more.

I’m not either, I’m trying to help. I havent called you any names or argued anything but the points made so I would consider that civil. Right?

At any rate, we’ve derailed this thread enough. This thread should be split at my second reply to you so we can continue without adding a mess to this topic. @moderators New topic please?

Three month necro. Thread is locked.