Windows 10 performance edition

I care about telemetry too, and find it offensive when people tell me I don’t. Also your tone is unnecessarily hostile and could be interpreted as trollish. Please work on that.

To correct some misinformation in your post, Windows Home and Pro do not allow users to disable telemetry through any UI, you either need to run a bunch of registry edits, take ownership and deny permissions, and disable task scheduler entries or run a third-party program like Shutup10.

Regarding “ultimate performance mode”, I expect it’s BS just like “game mode”.

2 Likes

I was referring to the millions of people using Windows 10 daily without issue, sorry your feelings were hurt.

Did you read the thread? The OP was hostile and trollish. You can’t bring up Microsoft on this forum without being accosted. You’ve come off as abrasive and douche baggy in other threads, so maybe you should stop projecting.

You can’t disable telemetry in Home or Pro… but you can run registry edits to disable telemetry in Home or Pro. So, there wasn’t any misinformation in my post. Thanks for clarifying.

You can also utilize GPEdit, in Pro to disable reporting services.

The point of my “”“trolling”"" was: pick something else to bitch about.

1 Like

Can’t we all just love?

1 Like

No, editing policies is not sufficient, you need to do a ton of stuff to actually disable the telemetry in Home/Pro.

Once you start posting stuff like “cry more into your Linus-shaped pillow” you don’t get to say you aren’t trollish. Not trying to start a flamewar here, just read your post and try to cool it.

I will continue to complain about Windows 10 telemetry as it is a matter I care about.

4 Likes

Linux ? Sure :slight_smile:
MS is pulling some tomfoolery with this performance plan. I think @Ruffalo sums it up well.

What was windows doing before this new mode was a thing slowing PC’s down world wide ? They could have just tuned the normal performance power plan and called it a day. Marketing sucks.

2 Likes

Whatever you say, hoss. I’m cool as a cucumber.

Maybe you should do that outside of an echo chamber where any attempts to discuss the matter are met with wild accusations and fantasy.

See, this is a layup for a great trolling response “I can’t control how you post”. But I’m too adult for that! :wink:

1 Like

I one few on this linux centric site that actually uses windows and seeks solutions for windows issues. You should not assume so much.

Mostly it is the general apathy here… I done with the help desk. Solve your own problems just like i do.

Lets keep it civil.

4 Likes

This thread right now

Interpret it any way you like

4 Likes

It’s all my fault :frowning:

Your so lucky, no one starts a flame war in my threads. 2 days and there just gone.

BTW thanks for the info, i like Win 10, We won’t mention where linux stole the “Start” button

Ill repeat what i’ve said elsewhere in short form. A lot of people seem to like replying to a comment or word or two that caught their eye, you need to think if its appropriate to the thread and discussion. sometimes its not, sometimes its worth making your own thread.

5 Likes

they have published “most” of it many times, not all.

not true. i have disabled as much of googles telemetry as i could. which i could do in win 10, only to have it:

1. reverse the changes on the next update so i get to dothem over and over
  2. completely ignore group policy towards said changes , or revert it against my wishes.

as far as cell providers go there is vpn to cover that so i use it.

the point was : in my case i have no choice in what the cell provider, phone manufacturer, and phone os collects, unless i do not want a phone.
with win 10 i have that choice, i choose linux. it could of been a bsd as well, as i have no issues with bsd. and if there was little to no telemetry , win 10 would be an excellent os. instead they have a tool which has a search function . why collect that much data?

apparently you are not familiar with linux package managers. here is a brief explanation:

linux collects data and stores it locally (RHEL and SUSE enterprise being exceptions as they only track licensure). when you update via apt, yum, dnf or whatever it downloads a list of new and updated software (a smallish text file) from predefined sources that YOU can alter as you please.
then the package manager compares that list against the “installed software” list it keeps locally. then it asks you if its ok to update, and you can say no if you wish.

as far as insecurities against ms go, i was a MCSE (currently expired) . why would i obtain said cert if i was anti ms?

This isnt entirely accurate, but probably not relevant to the thread.