Windows 10 LSI 9211-8i troubles

@Blacksmithforlife Ok… So we’re the same when it comes to problems bugging us. So I began thinking about the issues that it could be. I noticed that the drives you are trying to use are acctually super old SATA I interface drives. So thought maybe it was some compatibility issue between the SATA I interface and the card. So I went searching nothing really came up. I broadened the search from 9211 to HBAs in general. I came across this post on Servethehome and it’s worth playing with to see if you can get it to work.

Selection_003

Try jumping 2 of the 4 pins to the left of the sata data cable connection (to the left in the picture) to see if you can jumper it into a different mode that plays nicely with the HBA. It’s worth a shot.

I remember back in the days of PATA drives, you used to have to set jumpers like those to place disks into master or slave modes. (I believe that that terminology is no longer acceptable as Politically Correct but I dunno what else to call it. Maybe Primary / secondary)

I found that article too. I looked up the specs for these hard drives and the seagate manual says that the pins are for factory use only. I tried anyway, but they still don’t show up in the bios. Not really sure there is much more I can do to troubleshoot. I have 13 of these old drives, maybe I can sell them somewhere and use that money to buy the new hard drives. Thanks again for all the help.

@wendell if you want I can send you one of the drives and you can work your magic and see why they don’t work with SAS controllers. Should make for an interesting level1linux videos!

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.