Windows 10 issue every 3rd boot

I have a issue that is occurring every 3rd boot. First i noticed it on my start menu when being clicked on it would appear for only a split second before disappearing. When i looked that up the only solution was create new profile. after putting it off for a while i noticed the same issue at start screen when selecting the power options. if it is appearing there a new profile wont work. If i get issues i have to manually power off. next 2 times i start im ok bu the third like clockwork issue returns.

Dose anyone know what causes this or how to diagnose?

You have Dropbox installed?

no but i have one drive.

One drive shoudn't affect it, what version of windows 10?

10 pro 64bit

Version?
1511 10586 TH2
1607 14393 RS1 AU
1703 15063 RS2 Creators Update

EDIT: also try this: http://www.urtech.ca/2016/06/solved-fix-windows-10-start-button-problems-with-start-menu-repair-tool/

it says it could not find issue.

Try running it when your start menu/notification center dies on you.

This issue has been ongoing for windows 10 forever and so far my only method of avoiding it is either nuke the OS install and rebuild it, or use StartisBack/Start10.

The Powershell package reinstall is also an option to test.

EDIT: You could also try to upgrade to RS2 Creators to see if that solves it.

im running the update right now.

Well hopefully that does it, there are like 50 different attempts at this as the problem that causes it isn't clear.

Was looking hopeful but appeared after first sleep and wake.

I've been using classicshell for about a year now without issues. Also on 14393.

I will try a start menu replacement next but because it happens at the lock screen also i dont think its going to work.

You guys aren't going to believe this. When fiddling around with this problem i noticed i was getting strange things happening typing into chrome. I tried unplugging my dac, keyboard, and mouse. No result. then i tried unplugging a usb hub with a 15ft cable that was going to my couch. Problem fixed. Ive been dealing with this for 1-2 months. God dammit.

umm.... just wondering, what processor and is the USB port 2.0 or 3.0?

4790k and i believe usb 2.0.

No, but the preferred solution as I see it is to install Windows 7 instead.

10 Month necro on a issue that is probably resolved by now.