Windows 10 Fall Creators 1709 SLI Problems

I am having strange SLI issues ever since upgrading Windows 10 to 1709. These issues are not present on the previous version, I know because I backtracked for awhile and the problem went away.

In over 50% of my SLI compatible games, I get a a blue and red flickering and often times poor frame-rate with SLI enabled. This does not effect all games, but it does effect a good majority of them. I have tried newer and older drivers, uninstalling via DDU, messing around with display settings and colors, turning off game-mode, turning off in-game overlays, all to no avail. The only thing that fixes it is going back to the previous version of Windows, but MS will of course eventually force an upgrade after 30 days.

With certain games Alt-tabbing fixes it, in other games it does not. It appears to primarily affect DX11 games or programs.

I have included a video of the issue below, running Unigine Valley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h_CQkPJBZI

If anyone else has had this issue or has found a way to resolve it, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hate to be that guy, but due to the nature of Windows, sometimes the last resort of reinstalling is the best idea.

Can’t remember the exact name of it (on linux atm), but you should be able to do that PC reset thing where Windows gets reinstalled but your data is kept. I would backup anything important anyway just in case.

Yeah, I was trying to avoid doing that as I was planning on buying myself a nice PCI-E NVME SSD for Christmas, so I didn’t want to format and reload on my existing SATA SSD just to have to do a fresh load over again on a new SSD.