Windows 10 Creators Update Reveal && Problems Thread

One of my PC's still didn't get the update. And I cant update it myself according to MS.

LOL

2 Likes

Is it not possible to remove/uninstall the creators update?

Positron was having problems with the creators update, and he ended up removing it.

2 Likes

I can try removing the update, but with the way MS has it set up, I don't even know if that is possible. And if I could go back to earlier windows, it would just update me again, I'm pretty sure. There is no way to stop it. I did get drama fever to run, though! I had to click on the movie I wanted to watch, then go into the browser settings, and run the website in windows explorer mode, and click "just this once" instead of "always" on the pop-up.

1 Like

OK, going back to an earlier version of windows is not possible for me. I did some looking again and it looks like the update included a generic windows driver for my tv. I have a feeling that driver is responsible for most of my issues. OK, it might not be responsible for my insanity and candy bar addiction, but as far as my games not displaying in 1440p, I think this might be it. I am not programming savvy, so I'm wondering if I delete the driver file for a generic pnp monitor, will MS automatically re-download it when I restart my pc?

1 Like

Didn't see anyone else comment, but my audio interface has a crazy weird problem with audio in the creators update. I can get output, but it doesn't hear the audio from my mic. I can go into the driver/mixer for it and hear the hardware play it back to me, but windows sees nothing.

Then, if I unplug the usb cable and plug it back in, IT HEARS THE MIC, but then the output doesn't get anything.

It all works great in linux so idk man. Gonna have to go back to the anniversary edition and kill windows update.

If windows update is active it should. Dunno if that's the driver you want though.

3 Likes

Maybe try reinstalling the audio drivers, because had none problem on my side.

1 Like

I did try to get a different driver last night. It wasn't good. It did something weird to the color adjustment on my tv, and still gave me no 1440p option. This might just be a bad case of "one driver to rule them all", and my setup isn't that common. My tv is a samsung, and I did connect it once last month when I got it with an ethernet cable to get the latest driver, then promptly unplugged it from the web. I also turned off the CEC function so it wouldn't cross talk with my pc over the HDMI (in theory). Somehow, though, the windows driver snafu caused my color settings to all be reset to factory defaults when I turned it back on today. Weird.

1 Like

I installed it today. No issues so far. It reset my services to default but I've made a list of services that I always disable so that I don't have to remember each and every one. No biggie. Everything else works fine. Well, start menu doesn't work if I disable Cortana completely by renaming the folder to make it impossible for Cortana to even think about starting. But since I use Classic Start Menu I don't care.

1 Like

So Win10 Creators update broke my computer's ability to wake from sleep. If I attempt to wake the computer, I hear it come on but the monitors never wake up forcing me to reboot the computer.

As a work around, I disabled hibernate but i'd really prefer to save power when I'm not using the computer.

After some searching online it appears this is an issue between Win10 creators update and Nvidia drivers. It started with 381.65, but continues with 381.89 which was supposed to fix the issue.

This is yet another issue with forced upgrades when third parties can't keep up with their drivers and the users have no option to downgrade until the issue is fixed.

2 Likes

Totally seems as if the CE is a no go for a lot of people.

After going to sleep, external monitors on my laptop are not detecting the display adapter again. I have to hibernate the laptop and turn it back on.

2 Likes

Lol, I tried that 6 times.

1 Like

I disabled the update service upon fresh installation, ran the W4rh4wk debloat scripts, and installed classic shell. Fight me.

1 Like

The creators update has been the bigest shit storm i have ever seen. I can't run anything that has been written in .net ,most of my programs don't show up when i search for them ,and the ones that do i can't run them from there. Its to the point that i'm going back to the anniversary update.

1 Like

I thought I would post an update to problems I'm still having since the creators update.
1.) Adobe Flash Player will not display in full screen. Regardless of the website, Drama Fever, NOAA weather, etc., I right-click to get to display settings, and the only option is hardware accelleration. Whether I have it on or off makes no difference, it will not display in full screen mode. In the edge browser settings, all that can be done is turn flash on or off. When I open a flash video on a website, the only options that pop up are either "use flash one time", or to "always allow flash on this site". Both options do nothing to address the full-screen issue. Notified Adobe, but I'm sure that is like hunting for leprochauns or fairies.
2.) I don't have a monitor, I'm using a 4K tv, so I can't rule out my display on this one. When I boot up my pc, it displays in full glorious color. If I open a game, the color is there also and looks awesome. But If I back out of the game to the desktop, it looks like some 1960's color tv. The resolution is still 4k, but the color is all dull and washed out. Rebooting does nothing, I actually have to power down the pc and restart it with the power button. When it boots, the color is back. No other applications do this except opening a game. Netflix, youtube, all work fine. I tried playing with the new game mode settings, but it don't matter. In game mode I did notice quite a decrease in game performance, which is weird, so I shut that shit off.
3.) When I used to download something, it would go into my "downloads" folder. Now that folder is empty, but still there, and all my downloads go somewhere else. No big deal, but why do I spend hours and days after every big update trying to figure my shit out all over again, only to realize I'm beating a dead horse and there is no fixing what MS has broken? I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but Ubuntu is starting to look better and better.
If anyone kows a fix for the flash player not displaying in full screen, I would so appreciate it while I'm binge watching some random 60 episode foreign drama.

1 Like

My last check-in was a month ago, I tried Windows 10 Creators Edition again for a few minutes.

I was told by the Microsoft technician and websites that I should wait until Microsoft pushes the update to me. Well I tried it today and got 2 lock ups in an hour,

This is how you block creators update.

The wushowhide.diagcab troubleshooter is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Run > advanced > uncheck automatic updates > Next.
Windows Update will run > hide updates > check CREATORS or Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703 > close > done.

I am pretty sure that I have to run Windows update manually now with the tool. It can block any update that is causing you problems.

1 Like

We have had multiple bugs submitted around touch for creators edition. Quite a few things broken in touch and no sign of them being fixed.

So many security patches so few bug fixes. It seems that unless someone else hands them an already tested solution there is little chance of a developer fixing code in production. Too bad so sad. Maybe next year.

1 Like

Still waiting for the update to come thru on one of my machines.

I suspect I may be getting it soon, as on the 31st I did get update KB4013214. And after restarting the PC I did get a window talking about privacy settings. It was very basic and, if I remember correctly only had like 5 options to check or uncheck.

So to add to the woes of Creator's Update, I just found out today that systems encrypted with McAfee will blue screen and fail to boot after receiving the update...

We are disabling feature updates in advanced update settings to prevent it from installing for now while still getting critical updates.

1 Like

Microsoft has a PR disaster on their hands. Nobody is going to want to touch W10CE.
Might I offer some marketing help. Once they get everything patched M$ should name the next update...
Windows 10 Creator's Vista Update #7.

The name starts off good, gets double bad but finishes on a good note.

1 Like