Windows 10 Creators Update Reveal && Problems Thread

Awww. She sounds so nice. Should have asked for them digits. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Ladies and Gents. This is a perfect example why forced updates are/is terrible design philosophy.

EDIT: Some english native speaker could help me to correct that sentence.

2 Likes

As soon as I rolled back W10 Creators Edition to W10 version 1607, it began downloading CE again. Microsoft tech support said "Don't let it do that! Can you stop it?" I don't see a button to stop the download, How do I stop it? M$ tech: "I don't know either. You are just going to have to revert to v 1607 anytime you want to use that software." Is there a way to block future updates?
M$: "No."

WTF!?

1 Like

Is that a joke? How on earth does he not know that it is not possible to stop updates in Win 10! He is a fucking M$ tech support.

Actually i found out by coincidence that if you fill up your C: partition with random crap to the point where it virtually has no space. Win 10 will not be able to download the updates and inturn that will stop them from being installed.

Something happened to my work PC where C: drive is nearly full (in the red) and Windows was nagging me to free up some space because it couldn't download any updates. I went ROFL when i noticed that.

4 Likes

I agree with this sentiment. I don't complain about windows, but i haven't had a machine running it since 8 launched.

It is beyond entitled to complain about a platform that you don't own, and you don't own, nor did you ever own Windows. You own the non-exclusive rights to use it under no warranty on a single machine. If you don't agree with the ToS and EULA, then you are under no obligation to use it, but going in knowing this and complaining about it is petulant, childish behavior.

As bad as tech antitrust is, there's always alternatives. Autodesk and Davinci/blackmagic support RHEL and OSX for many of their products, there are few to zero windows-only audio and design applications (OSX again) and gaming is a hobby. Unless you're a windows developer, there's absolutely nothing critical keeping you from migrating platforms if windows doesn't suit you.

5 Likes

Hackintosh for the win!

4 Likes

I use actual BSD, but that's only because I don't need any creative software that isn't in ports. OSX is perfectly fine for the vast majority of end users.

1 Like

I kind of agree with you, but there is a big difference between whining and complaining. Yes, I admit I have been whining about my recent experience with Windows on this forum. But I have also been posting fixes to the problems I've had. If something you paid for doesn't work, you have earned the right to complain. So I complained directly to Microsoft in order to provide them with the feedback they need to rectify the situation. My M$ tech was pretty good. She said that she would make sure that her supervisor would see our chat session and informed me where to voice my problem in the Feedback Hub app directly to the engineers. Too bad I had to resort to regedit in order to get the Feedback Hub to work.

I am not complaining about Windows. I am complaining that I am an unwilling beta tester. Windows works pretty good 99% of the time. I am amazed that such gigantic bloated software works as well as it does for so many different kinds of people and PC's. I have tried Linux, but I require Windows to run my mission critical apps and games :slight_smile: .

I have signed up for many beta tests of Windows and other software and joined the Windows Insider program to try CE early. Then I opted out because the Creators Edition wasn't ready for prime time. "I can wait for the official release." Now that the W10CE is officially released and it's not ready (M$ tech: "Yeah...We know the Creators Edition has lot's of problems") makes me upset, but realistically there is no other way to truly test it than to PUSH it to everybody and see what blows up. I think I will wait a year before I try W10CE again.

TL:DR - Don't complain to L1T, complain to Microsoft.

4 Likes

actually there is on windows pro and up. group policy can control windows update. you can set it to "notify to download" and "notify to install".
to stop a in progress update, open the task manager,click on more details, then the services tab. find wuauserv and rt click on that ,select stop.
additionally theres a program called wumt [major geeks] will find all updates you need and then let you selectively install them. control the inbuilt windows update with group policy to prevent it from interfering.

3 Likes

I genuinely despise windows, first the update nuked my pc so I had to do a fresh install. Then ce updated again and it's taken my GTA 5 fps below 30. Thanks for continually making your terrible product worse.

Edit: it took me 17 hours to re-download the game. I'm really pissed.

1 Like

When I updated, I just let the system time itself out and the system downloaded the updates, then it restarted itself, then it installed the updates, then brought me to my login screen. I logged in and that was that.

I was never allowed to modify the telemetry stuff.

How weird.

1 Like

Check your update history. Are you sure that the creators update was downloaded?

Maybe you did not get it yet.

Also hello bro. About time you joined.

1 Like

@Goalkeeper @jwaa21
So you're joining good life now.

2 Likes

I'll let the rest of u guys be the guinea pigs and beta test the Creators Update so by the time it rolls out for me to install hopefully the reported bugs/kinks will get ironed out ( ͡ᶢ ͜ʖ ͡ᶢ)

3 Likes

I am glad we can accommodate ya. :smiley:

Strip this. Strip that. Nuke cortana/edge/internet explorer. The windows media exe is a pisser :slight_smile: Direct play .........ect

2 Likes

Using this feature right now, it now makes sense on why we don't necessarily need "ALL BLACK ERR DAY N NITE BLACKKKKKK" theme; blue light radiation is the main cause of eye strain. Hell, even I won't have to worry with this with all the lights in my room off. Now it's just macOS and any Linux distros left to be taken care off.

inb4 Apple fanboys say, "Oh my gosh, Microshoft copied Apple! What losers they are!"

2 Likes

Yup! Maybe Autodesk will stop making all their software so dark! It's a really good edition, hopefully the others will follow suit as it's kinda a no-brainer really. It helps when you got a headache too, but you GOT to get the work done. That feature + turning down the backlight on my Apple monitor is so soft on the eyes now.

1 Like

I know this thread is a week old already, but my problems started with the F*#@(ing creators update, so I will vent here. If anyone has any ideas to fix it, even better:)
First, I have a 4K tv as a monitor. Since the update, none of my games will let me play in 2K, and 1080p is horrifying. I even tried tweaking with geforce experience and no dice, 1440p is not an option there as well. Before the update, it worked perfectly.
I also tried running an old cd-rom game, and usually it displays in a 4:3 ratio on my tv. After the update, it stretches the picture out horizontally to fill the entire screen. Tweaking the display settings in game and in the game properties does nothing. It's like W10 overrides everything.
To top it all off, I cannot watch shows on Drama Fever. A box pops that says I need to install adobe flash player for the site to work correctly. I checked in my browser settings, and flash player is on. Now I can't watch any korean dramas.
The thing here is my shit has been basically bricked. A thousand dollar tv and a $1200 pc, and I can't even use it how I want after this friggin' update. Now I know how apple users have been feeling for years, and it sucks.
If anyone has any ideas to address any of this, I would be most grateful. (besides switching to Linux!)

2 Likes

Maybe go back to Windows 8.1?

2 Likes