Windows 10 1903 does not let you create a local account*

It is not referenced proof of all possible install methods… That was and is my point.

It was old standard it worked for me in this one way.

If I had a Surface I’d try it. But, I don’t buy Microsoft hardware. I have a Dell Inspiron, an HP ProDesk, and a Lenovo T480. Plus disk space and free RAM for VMs. :man_shrugging:

Might just be limited to the Surface line.

I was able to successfully create an Offline Account if I wanted. However, for proof that I had Internet activity, I created a Microsoft Account and completed the installation.

What is fucking criminal, is they force you to create a PIN. Before you could cancel out of it and proceed but now you have to make one. See? There are legitimate things to be upset with Microsoft with. You can later go into settings and change back to password authentication. You also have to provide a birth date which is weird. I guess to make sure an “adult” accepts the terms.

Passive-Aggressive Image Spam

Windows 10 Professional 1903 on

BARE ASS METAL

Wow those came out out of order as FUCK

MOAR

3 Likes

1 Like

Can this thread be renamed to “Windows 10 1903 does in fact let you create a local account*” ?

@leaders ?

5 Likes

I’m surprised this thread continued.

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

Yeah, we’re going to go ahead and support this change.

1 Like

OP since the issue is resolved I am going to set it to close tomorrow.

1 Like

tv38JqD

5 Likes

Inb4 L1T meta be like

2 Likes

That extremetech article actually explains the problem; an older version did it, the newest one doesn’t. I found this latest thread useful.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m 100% not buying it. I downloaded a windows ISO this month and it’s working fine for me.

None of these threads are useful because its just hate back and forth.

1 Like

I have a download from April and July of this year, plus a ton from 1809. Never had this issue.

so where’s the problem?

There was a version of 1809 and up to may 1903 that supposedly ‘did this’. I never saw it, you never saw it, I did see screenshots that there was no offline account button. It existed in a bubble if at all.

1 Like

I have Windows 10 ISOs from TH1 to the current 19H1, I can test the ones that are support right now if that make you feel any better.

No it is not resolved. It may let people create offline accounts in VMs and on custom PCs but that is not the case on OEM machines. If it happened once it will happen again.

1 Like