Window 10 so far...? Any driver problems

Yup! Asus soundcard drivers for xonar dx. I knew that already since they only managed a working beta with 8.1 just before 10 came out.

Same. This is obnoxious. Quite glad my AMD rig is my daily driver right now...But my 760 based HTPC has two TVs connected and this is annoying as shit.

I had an extra windows 7 key laying around. Figured I would take a look at it now. Downloading now. will keep you updated.

i can confirm that this didnt happen with me for AMD's drivers they installed fine and have been kept uptodate via windows update

1 Like

Here's my experience so far: I had a dual boot setup (Win 8.1 + Arch Linux); I went for an upgrade from 8.1 to 10, so no fresh install. I expected Win 10 to erase GRUB (the boot loader), but it didn't. That's pretty sweet. For now everything works wonder :-)

questions about windows 10. I didn't want to install windows 7 just to upgrade to windows 10. So I installed windows 10 and not I have no idea how to do the free upgrade?

Do i have to install windows 7 then upgrade to windows 10 then format and do a clean install to get windows 10 on my machine?

So my PC downloaded 5.94 gb for the upgrade but isn't installing it?

The GeForce drivers crashed mid-protracted-Witcher 3 session on my machine.
We can now confirm that NVIDIA dun f***ed it up. Again. Maybe they were too busy paying off game devs to actually code decent Windows 10-ready drivers.

I think that'd be the big idea, yeah. Upgrade from Windows 7, then in Windows 10 go to the settings and tell it to wipe your boot partition and restart from square one.

Iol YAY tried to save myself some work and ended up making myself more work =).

1 Like

Well trying to upgrade it its not letting me.

I click on the reserve button to get my upgrade and nothing happens I have tried all their crappy hot fixes and all that. I guess thats a sign not to bother with crappy Microsoft products.

Downloaded the iso from microsoft site.Worked for me fine i did not the clean install but upgraded it.
Everyting working fine , nvidia experience could not load but after re install that worked also.
All my devices where reconized .
So thumps up for microsoft this time (for me) !!

try to download it from the windows site http://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/software-download/windows10

That worked for me.Instead of waiting for the reserve

I have it downloaded and Using it right now. I wasn't able to activate it because I needed my product key updated to windows 10. I tried putting my windows 7 product key and it said it was invalid.

No problems at all! in fact trumping my Win 7 install by a huge margin.

All AMD system Phenom II with 7770, on latest AMD GPU drivers.

Well I can't access my second HDMI monitor, my DVI connection works fine... in a lower resolution. Microsoft apparently is blocking Nvidia's driver for windows 10 or something of the nature. Don't bit the bullet just yet I'd say. Headaches ensue.

Any issues with the key ?

DAMMIT

1 Like

i can't even install the damn thing on my main PC lol