Win10, nuff said

In most cases Windows newest update no longer just lets you select a local account. You have to fiddle around with entering a false email like [email protected] and eventually, it should let you do a local account. At least this is my experience that last few weeks doing a good amount of pro installs.

I installed Windows 10 Professional last night and this is not the case.

2 Likes

ya worked on mine

2 Likes

This. I canā€™t count how many installs of windows I do a week, thereā€™s never been an issue setting up a local account.

4 Likes

I am willing to record myself doing a Win10 pro install with version 1809, 1803, and 1709 just to show that you can still create a local account without false emails and all that.

2 Likes

I have older ISOs just incase you feel like being extra thicc thorough.

1 Like

Funny, I was considering doing a demo right now as well lol.

I donā€™t think itā€™s necessary though :wink:

2 Likes

recommended settings?

The default is fine for most things

Dunno if itā€™s been linked here yet, but thereā€™s a gitlab page to an ISO download and converter to get specific builds on Windows from Microsoft if needed. Was very useful for me to use to get an ISO of Windows 10 LTSC for image testing and creating some documentation

No source files listed though, so not sure Iā€™d 100% trust it with important data, but fine enough for a VM build, and I did a bit of digging but found no cracks or DLL hooks or anything in the ISOs I tested (would love if someone with a security background could validate that)

Iā€™m fine donā€™t need your proof just in my experience in the last 2 weeks it was more hidden than before.

The screen looks the same as the one shown in this thread. Itā€™s not hidden. Bottom left.

well, there are some rare cases in gnu + linux, where it does exist, ubuntu for example did some stuff.
BUT we are talking nothing compared to spyware 10ā€™s design being from ground up build to spy on your every move.

also the tools to prevent windows 10 spying are frequently broken by ā€œupdatesā€ from microsoft and from what i read, microsoft changes registry entry locations to make the tools appear to work, but no longer workā€¦
point being in windows 10 microsoft does whatever the fuck they want and no tool can save u :confused:

Yup, the opt-in usage analytics on all common distros are basically just trackers that check which packages gets most installs, so that mainly security teams can prioritize vetting said packages.

1 Like

didnt someone find some spooky stuff in systemd at one point? Maybe fake news but I remember reading somethingā€¦

Dunno, if so Iā€™ve missed it

I cant find anything, so it was probably fake or not a big deal

1 Like

I heard Microsoft employees plant Windows chips in your brains when you sleep at night if you have Windows 10 installed to collect telemetry and a stroke really is just a person BSODā€™ing and isnā€™t a real thing. And, and then, and then I heard that Microsoft also kills the second born of the second son of the second moon every year.

Yup. All true. I heard it on /r/l/linux/r/truth.mastodon.WAKE_UP

3 Likes

On windows the screen also flashes in a way that indirectly manipulates your brain into installing minecraft

2 Likes

at the SCP foundation, thatā€™s what we call a memetic hazard

1 Like