Win10, nuff said

it has been 3 seconds and windows already pissed me off - why am i required to get a microsoft account on a new laptop?

How do i bypass this? I have to replace the drive, would clean sweeping the laptop with a windows image change anything?

1 Like

no you’re not, just pretend you’re using a domain account and it will set up local account first and you can just keep that irrc

1 Like

Select offline account. Maybe control your emotions to where you’re not so outraged you can’t read what’s in front of you.

25 Likes

dont plug it in to internet while setting it up. dont connect to wifi while setting it up and blamo its default local.

5 Likes

bonus tip; don’t set a password during the install or it will prompt you to choose security questions.

5 Likes

how do you bypass that?

Are you sure? It says to create a “Super Memorable Password”

i would never remember a blank password, or would you? :thinking:

Well it is in a very small font and easy to miss. MS really doesn’t want you to use a local account.

5 Likes

delete system 32

Also you could just have a local account? Its relatively easy to make. Also blackvipers services policy is pretty decent at disabling unneeded stff

It will accept blank. You can add password later, and not have to mess with the darn security questions.

This creepy uncle stuff doesn’t exist in linux. Is there a comparative, more current version of this? or …

there is/ was for a lot of the windows 10 builds but almost every major update breaks them in some fashion.

Use Shutup10. It’s frequently updated.

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

4 Likes

I have shrunk the install partition down to 40GeeBees, what is the easiest way migrate it to an new SSD drive without; a thirdparty crap app, or installing window to new drive and loading from backup.

Do i use a bootable ubuntu usb and DD it back and forth?

I just ran that software, most of those you can disable without the need of a tool like this.

Shutup10 and Ninite are convenient, that is why they are used.

Who said anything about Ninite? I know it is convenient, but I am not for tools to disable parts of Windows when a massive chunk of that can be done through the standard privacy settings.

Of course, you can do all of it without Shutup10 if you’re willing to run various powershell scripts and make manual edits to your registry, group policy, and task scheduler. Shutup10 gathers everything in one place, is frequently updated, offers easy rollback, and explains what each one actually does, which is pretty nice.

2 Likes

To be fair ShutUp10 remebers the settings and can set them all at once when you start it again. So if Windows or MS change anything with an Update, it’s just one place to reapply it all.

If I recall, it’s small underlined texted. Then once you choose it there’s a nag screen with another clickthrough